E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a good shop to swap out my rear tires on my M3. I have a set of bbs LM's and I'm a bit concerned about bringing them to any onld shop.

I have the tires all ready, and I'll just bring them the wheels.

any suggestions for a careful, professional shop?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,376 Posts
Rennwerks in mountain view does good work. They have a precise machine to not damage the wheels when mounting the tires. Their prices are pretty reasonable and they do work on only porsche and BMW's. I highly recommend them and solely use them for any work I have done while in the bay area that is not warranty related :thumbup:

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
r they 19s? 'cause Rennwerks do not mount/un-mount 19 inch rims

If so I would recommend Auto Innovations in Milpitas, I had both my DPE and HREs mounted there $100 for mount and balance :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they are 19's....Milpitas is a bit of a trek for me though....anything further up the penninsula?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

·
money sucking nXXGA
168 Posts
Try mark morris at serramonte shopping center near denny's if it is closer for you...they have a machine that was able to fix my 20" tire damage and of course mount/balance is no problem...Many places won't touch anything over 18" since they don't have the equipments...

·
Banned
148 Posts
bluecougar said:
r they 19s? 'cause Rennwerks do not mount/un-mount 19 inch rims

If so I would recommend Auto Innovations in Milpitas, I had both my DPE and HREs mounted there $100 for mount and balance :thumbup:
Not bad. If you want to take a drive, Big-O in Orangevale does really good. I know it's a Big-O, but the owner is a BMW enthusiast and personally worked on my car. I requested special tires that nobody seemed to carry and they got them by the next day. Was really impressed me was I requested them 3pm on a Friday, and they had them by Saturday morning! :bow: Free mounting, free balancing, and knocked $50 off each tire cuz I knew Adam (DragonM3). This guy knows his sh!t and to me it was worth the drive to get this kind of service. He invited me to watch in the garage and "educated" me about my suspension and the H&R coilovers I got. I was extremely impressed and this was the best service I have ever got. I was amazed he worked on my car considering he was well dressed and not dressed for the occasion. He will take care of you I promise. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
195 said:
Not bad. If you want to take a drive, Big-O in Orangevale does really good. I know it's a Big-O, but the owner is a BMW enthusiast and personally worked on my car. I requested special tires that nobody seemed to carry and they got them by the next day. Was really impressed me was I requested them 3pm on a Friday, and they had them by Saturday morning! :bow: Free mounting, free balancing, and knocked $50 off each tire cuz I knew Adam (DragonM3). This guy knows his sh!t and to me it was worth the drive to get this kind of service. He invited me to watch in the garage and "educated" me about my suspension and the H&R coilovers I got. I was extremely impressed and this was the best service I have ever got. I was amazed he worked on my car considering he was well dressed and not dressed for the occasion. He will take care of you I promise. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd go there in a heartbeat if I was closer - that would be a 5hr + round trip including the work at the shop - ouch!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BMWERKEN said:
That's news to me :dunno:

Well, here it is from their site:

RENNWERKS is an authorized Tire Rack installer.

Don't trust anyone else with your expensive European factory or aftermarket wheels. Most shops cannot safely handle BBS, Kinesis, Fikse, or Forgeline wheels. Not to mention the size of most competition race tires and rims. RENNWERKS can!

RENNWERKS has a state-of-the-art Hunter TC3500 Tire Changer. This is a European style tire changer that will safely handle your expensive rims, up to 22" diameter and 14" wide.

The Hunter TC3500's can easily and safely change the world's toughest high-performance wheels. It is the professional's "standard," specified by exotic car OEMs, tire manufacturers, service shops and racing teams.

·
43,113 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
That's news to me :dunno:
Yup, I talked to Steve @ Rennwerks and he said it's funny how their machine can take up to 22 inch rims but for some reason the only size they cannot do is mount 19s.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bluecougar said:
Yup, I talked to Steve @ Rennwerks and he said it's funny how their machine can take up to 22 inch rims but for some reason the only size they cannot do is mount 19s.
Steve just told me they can do my 19's...

·
43,113 Posts
ThisFlyGuy said:
so which is which?? i need to find a place to mount my 19's too :dunno:
I just called them and spoke with Mike it depends on the tire size, apparently at the time they couldnt mount my 235 & 245/35/19 :hmm:

Rcurley55 that's good to hear! Theyre a great shop! :D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahhh, that's why he asked what size tire - I guess they won't be able to do the fronts on mine

I have BBS LM's (19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear) with Pilot Sports - currently 285/35 rear and 245/40 up front --- I need to move down to the 275's in the rear, I couldn't find 285's and with my PSS9's I rub a bit

Well, at least now I have a spot for the rears.

Thanks again everyone for your input!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my wheels installed by KarToyz in Fremont, I have 19's on mine ...They with BMW's all the time

rcurley55 said:
ahhh, that's why he asked what size tire - I guess they won't be able to do the fronts on mine

I have BBS LM's (19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear) with Pilot Sports - currently 285/35 rear and 245/40 up front --- I need to move down to the 275's in the rear, I couldn't find 285's and with my PSS9's I rub a bit

Well, at least now I have a spot for the rears.

Thanks again everyone for your input!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts