E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey..You in Diamond Bar too......Well....let's see....you can try..

Mac Car Audio in Walnut (626-810-1133) Talk to Kimbo [only talk to him] tell them Louie refered you.

They have great prices on Arc Audio, Phoenix Gold, Etc.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
tpzboy -

The go down there frequently, and I know for a fact Car AUdio Craftsman will be More expensive. They do great custom work but they'll charge you an arm and a leg.

BTW, I recently heard a rumor least 3 of their Head-installers, in charge of the fiberglassing and woodwork quit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I just need a woofer and 2 caps installed, I tried Mac Car a while back when they didn't switch owners yet and they didn't do a good job that's why I'm afraid of going there again. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, a lot has changed since then. When dealing with the people at Mac Car you have to be very specific on what you want them to do. Budget and how much you're willing to pay for an install is also another factor. Sure there are many places that can do amazing work, but how much do you think they payed for it to be done? When I first got into car audio I spent at least 1500.00 for installation + a custom trunk install. Which with lots of patience I could of done myself. If you're willing to take the time you can sucessfully duplicate any custom install. It just takes time and money until you get it right. BTW, there are many books available that teach and explain the basics to car audio installations so really anyone can do an install. The question is are YOU willing to take the time to do it?

I believe they've done two E46 M3s, actually the owners are members of this board. Maybe the best thing for you to do is ask them their options of the work done by Mac Car, it can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Once before on my MB. I've seen their work and its not half bad. I visit often to pickup Arc amps/subs so I see a lot of their work, and more importantly the people who get their cars done there. Majority of the customers who purchase from Mac Car are of asian background, and being one myself I somewhat understand why installs done there end up the way they do. MOST (not all) asians BARGAIN, and we'll do it to the last dollar or we'll walk out. People just don't realize how much labor and time it cost to properly install a audio system. Occasionally, there will be those who understands the cost involved and only care about getting the install done right. I believe there were two M3's both with Phoenix Gold installed @ Mac Car I think you should check there cars first. You can find their cars either on Car Domain or on this forum.

Also, it can hurt to pay a visit down there.

·
Xpracer
185 Posts
napalm.one said:

Hey TopazE46, were you the one who had a CD Changer installed @ Mac Car????
yup, oh well....you have to deal really careful with them tho. At first I went Mac Car to ask about how much they charge for installing my headunit, amp, sub and also for the dvd changer. They told me itz 560 bucks including the $390 dvd changer and it sounds pretty good deal to me.
But when I was rdy to bring my stuff there to install, the guy u suggested us to deal with (dun wanna mention the name) told me, "oh we'll charge u 649 bucks for both installation labor and dat changer." I was like wtf and he told me dat changer cost $500 ! :ben: Then I had no choice and paid for dat $$. :cry:
Later on when I went there to RMA my blown ppi 1250 which was also bought at mac car, I saw the box of the dvd changer I bought has a tag of $390 on it. Then I figure out the whole sh*t. Oh yea forgot the mention about the rma for my ppi amp. It has took like 1.5 month for them to get my amp repair already and I still haven't got my amp back until now!:banghead: I know I'm not spending big bucks on my system but they should do business in a better way IMO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.