BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me decide...I know this forum has a bias against chrome wheels, but with that aside, please let me know if I'm paying too much for these.

4 Chrome Hamann (Authentic) 18 x 8.5 wheels with very minor curb rash on 2 wheels

$1,000.

I've done about all the haggling I can do, and think I've arrived at a fair price for them assuming I'll have to spend a fortune on tires...but fanatics' input is always helpful.

THANKS!!

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dazzle said:
$1000 for a set of 18ns is a good deal. I don't know about the "fortune on tires" :p tires aren't that expensive :)
Well, I want something that offers performance, longevity (atleast 20K miles) and a smooth ride. All of those factors sum up to an expensive tire. Or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't do it!

I would never buy wheels that were the least bit damaged. Save some more money up and get them new. It is worth the wait. If you are looking for a good tire, about 25k miles, real nice ride, stick with the michelin pilot sport a/s.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody else have any advice? I have to decide tonight, and don't want to spend too much. Please give me any and all input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just realized I forgot to mention these are authentic Hamann HM2 one piece CHROME wheels. 18 x 8.5 (4 of them)

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts