BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, i'm sure their has been a very old outdated thread about this topic, but i want some updated answers so deal with it you forum haters.

I will be getting some H&R race springs within the next week and I will be needing a good low profile jack to do my oil changes and other mechanical work afterwards. I'm look for a really low one so it would actually go under the car in the front and I can lift the entire car up, not lifting it from each side than putting the stands in on each side one at a time. I really don't want to waste $200 on a floor jack, but I dunno.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Arcan 3.5 ton low profile from costco under $100 its red you will be glad you bought it!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I usually use double layers of wood planks leading to my plastic ramps to get my WRX in the air. Its freakin low, like 3" ground clearance.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Yup ^

Just run over some build up wood. I then jack the car and drop it on the jacks one side at a time for the fronts

Rear just go in the middle.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you want to skimp out on something that will be holding 3500lbs above you and can kill you instantaneously?

I don't follow your logic.
So your telling me that jacks under $200 are life threatening? I'm not saying I want a jack for $20, just asking if people know good ones that are under $200

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
So you want to skimp out on something that will be holding 3500lbs above you and can kill you instantaneously?

I don't follow your logic.
You get under a car with only a jack as support?

I dont follow your logic.

Skimp on the jack all you want, but go with some hefty jack stands and level ground.

·
Registered
522 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts