E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get new wheels and tires for my 2004 convertible with the sport package.

I initially wanted 19" E9X M3 replica wheels but it seems they don't seem to fit without modifications. The ones I'm looking at now are 18x8 ET38 in front and 18x9 ET40 in rear. I don't want to have to make changes to the vehicle.

Which tire sizes can I safely use? I understand a square setup with 225/40R18 would work. Is that correct? What staggered setup would work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
225/40 or 235/40 in the front and 255/35 or 265/35 in the rear... in reality you could run any combination of this, but I'd go for the narrower choice based on fuel economy, price of tires, and how often you plan on using grip you surely don't need. I would not do 225/40 all around. If you absolutely want to run square (on staggared wheels, btw i have no idea WTF people are thinking when they buy staggared rims and want square tires... supa ghey) then run 235/40 all around. 225/40 is too much stretch for my liking on a 9" wide wheel and would look more akward compared to your fronts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've had the new wheels installed today (E9x M3 replica, staggered 18x8 front and 18x9 back) and put 225/40R18 and 255/35R18 tires on them. Looks great, I'm very happy! Thanks for the help to the members who replied!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that stock Sport suspension ride height? Any rubbing? I too have a 2004 Convertible with sport suspension and are trying to decide on which rims to get. Do you have more pics? From the pics in this post, it looks awesome!
Attached some more pix. I love the setup, looks awesome. Yes, stock sport suspension. No rubbing whatsoever.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanx for the pics! I agree it looks awesome and the wife agrees as well. I think I have found my setup. I also think the grey inset will look great on my Silver Gray cabrio! I have been looking for used OEM rims to buy, or I was thinking of the Sportline CS.16s, but these have really grown on me.

Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.