BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Car is getting scratches all over from the debirs flying around during the storm here in SF. I have to drive alot and its starting to get really annoying as some are getting to be really long. Now I can hear the hail out my window. Does anyone know a good detail shop that can get rid of the scratches? I am very hesitant to go anyplace that would work on my car as It seems nobody can do a good work anymore. I have no time to do this myself and I am worried I will **** it up more.
I had a hole in my front bumper(took a piece out of the bumper that let you see the CAI) for my CAI and was always worried about rain and rocks so I went to home depot on monday before the rain. Got a piece of screen, streched metal and plexiglass. Hole has the streched metal to support the aluminum screen and behind it I mounted a little piece of plexiglass to deflect direct hits of water from going into the filter. Supposedly the Dinan sock is against water but I didn't want to find out. It works well as I have had to drive thru huge puddles of water and had tons of water sprayed all over the bumper from other cars.

Carlos

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
Check out A&J Auto Detail near San Jose airport. Their carwash/detail is like a carshow. Nothing but nice cars in their lot. They were able to polish out a lot of sap and small scratches on my paint.

·
Movin' Easy
221 Posts
Anthony said:
Check out A&J Auto Detail near San Jose airport. Their carwash/detail is like a carshow. Nothing but nice cars in their lot. They were able to polish out a lot of sap and small scratches on my paint.
Yea, I drive by that every time I go to court... always some S500s, etc. Even the not-so-nice cars look sweet there. I'm thinking of going there after the winter storms let up.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
I know Claridges BMW in Fremont has a special going for like $250. I don't know if it's considered cheap or expensive..but just FYI. (expires 12/31/02)

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
MPJ said:
Yea, I drive by that every time I go to court... always some S500s, etc. Even the not-so-nice cars look sweet there. I'm thinking of going there after the winter storms let up.
If you need a detail or wax, the best time to go to them is when its raining. They have no business, and sometimes cut good deals. But they are kinda pricey, but only place i trust with my car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What do you guys think of Lozano car wash (sunnyvale)? I was told by the dealer it's a good one and it seems fine to me, but how do they arrive at 'brushless'? And is this type of wash OK for the car?

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
inline6 said:
What do you guys think of Lozano car wash (sunnyvale)? I was told by the dealer it's a good one and it seems fine to me, but how do they arrive at 'brushless'? And is this type of wash OK for the car?
I wouldnt trust anything the dealer says, they know nothing about detailing. They think cold water and a sponge is a full detail. I'd go there and check out how they operate. Just see how they wet the car, how they dry it down, how they clean your trim and stuff.

Only thing I like about LA/OC, there are so many damn car washed down there, and they all airgun the seals on your car so you dont get drips later. $12 full hand wash, cant beat that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I have tried them. I would say they do a pretty good job. They go over the car very carefully before (vacuum) and after (trim, interior) the wash. The car always looks immaculate and I get plenty of comments on it. The only thing that bothers me is the 'brushless' brushes the main wash uses. I gather they're a car-friendly soft cloth and I don't detect even a hint of swirl, but still, I see people on the boards are into hand washing and probably hate this sort of thing. But if it cleans the car well, with no scratches/swirls, and it's very convenient, then why not? What's the catch? Will I suddenly see a million swirls at the end of winter or somesuch?

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
inline6 said:
Well, I have tried them. I would say they do a pretty good job. They go over the car very carefully before (vacuum) and after (trim, interior) the wash. The car always looks immaculate and I get plenty of comments on it. The only thing that bothers me is the 'brushless' brushes the main wash uses. I gather they're a car-friendly soft cloth and I don't detect even a hint of swirl, but still, I see people on the boards are into hand washing and probably hate this sort of thing. But if it cleans the car well, with no scratches/swirls, and it's very convenient, then why not? What's the catch? Will I suddenly see a million swirls at the end of winter or somesuch?
Looks like they are cool then. If you dont see any swirls or scratches, yer all good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts