E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to maryland and i just got in a car accident.. i was wondering if any of you guys know a good body shop with good paint jobs and such around the baltimore/DC area.. (i'm at FT MEADE)... it needs a lotta work... fairly good price... it'll need 2 new doors rear fender, front fender, front bumper side moding.. passenger window replaced... or maybe it'll be a total?... doubt it though eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts
sorry bro, don't know about the b-more area, just down south. You going through insurance? They should have a list of approved body shops they use, doesn't sound like a simple dent pull, sounds like they need to replace body panels, which requires a real decent shop that will get all the lines back together right. 99 323? that much damage? I doubt it's a total, the insurance will no doubt have it fixed, and as long as the suspension wasn't damaged, and the body shop does a good job, you'll never be able to feel any difference in the way it drives, don't sweat it and good luck :thumbup:

If you've got to replace bumpers, now's the time for aftermarket bodykits and covering the difference between what the insurance company will cover and what comes out of your wallet....think about that :read:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
kevmo said:
i'm new to maryland and i just got in a car accident.. i was wondering if any of you guys know a good body shop with good paint jobs and such around the baltimore/DC area.. (i'm at FT MEADE)... it needs a lotta work... fairly good price... it'll need 2 new doors rear fender, front fender, front bumper side moding.. passenger window replaced... or maybe it'll be a total?... doubt it though eh?

There is a place in Columbia called Dobbin Auto Body. They specialize in body work and also own repair shop. Me and my friends got a lot of body work done through them and they consistently have done excellent work. They also do good paint job as well. Here is their phone number to their repair shop 410-997-2410. Ask them about the phone number for body shop.


BTW :pics:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blade929 said:
Everyone on East Coast BMW swears by this place.

Wagon Work Auto Collision 703-684-2985

I have not had work done here but if I needed work I would go there.

thanks alot guys... as far as the damage concerns.. my appraiser is coming out to check out the car... then the report is sent as far as how much money i get to have the car fix.. and yes they will have to replace all the door panels and the rear fender and front bumper.. maybe even my rim... (HUGE STRATCH)... and my window... so i'm gonna have to go to all these places and see how much they would "fix it for" and how much i'll have left over from the check... so i can add maybe a lil money for body kit and such... hopefully i wont have to add much... do any of u guys know of body shops that will replace front bumpers w/ a different bumper like the m3 bumper or anything?... cuz if i'm not mistaken.. the price of them aren't that far apart... also i'll be going to court.. they maryland police said it was my fault from the "witnesses" and they never took my side of the story... never even asked me any questions.. prob cuz i'm just 20 and i look like i'm 18 driving a nice car and i was with my friend who also looked young... but i'm not gonna get into that.. just gonna deal with them in court... anyone know a good lawyer?.. i might hite one.... but anywayz.. please if anyone else has any info about good car places that will order another bumper instead of the stock bumper cuz it's not that far apart as far as money goes.. let me know... (btw i dont think that's illegal right?) i wouldn't wanna do anything like that... :pimpin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
I don't thik it's illegal if you are going to pay the difference in cost. It should not matter to the insurance company. Let's say stock parts = $700 and M3 parts cost $850 you pay the extra $150, the insurance company is still paying the $700 so it should not matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Mudget Auto Body..410-833-5030. They are located in carrol county...they do excellent work there and Northwest uses them daily for repairs. Plus when they paint..they bake it! Ask for Diana.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
lude69 said:
Mudget Auto Body..410-833-5030. They are located in carrol county...they do excellent work there and Northwest uses them daily for repairs. Plus when they paint..they bake it! Ask for Diana.

ok which shop will order they other parts for me instead of the stock parts?.. all of them?.. o and can i take the money they give me and cash it.. and then buy parts say on this forum.. like used m3 bumpers and stuff since they are repainting it anyways it doesn't need to be new and prime... so i can save the money from getting a new stock bumper and get a used m3 bumper... i can do that right?... and maybe find someone here local that has a crashed car with good doors.. and stuff... to save money again that way.. then just have them sand the whole thing and paint it and blah blah blah... u know.. just trying to get more for the money =)... anymore shops guys lemmi know!!!.... i'll be calling all these shops and asking about rates and stuff real soon prob 2morrow or monday! thanks guys!


jonj i would never go to the stealership to get my car fixed.. they will charge me double what a good repair shop would...

guys... if u kno anyone with a wrecked 99/00 323i around this area let me know... the passenger side has to be intact.. i would like to pretty much buy the whole passenger side from him/her and the rear fender and the front fender... pretty much everything except for the rear pass. window... thanks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,835 Posts
First Choice in Arlington,VA I live in Annapolis and took my car there they do the best work ive seen in the area its def worth it, they tend to be busy so it may take a while they only do bmw and porsche
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BMWDon said:
sorry bro, don't know about the b-more area, just down south. You going through insurance? They should have a list of approved body shops they use, doesn't sound like a simple dent pull, sounds like they need to replace body panels, which requires a real decent shop that will get all the lines back together right. 99 323? that much damage? I doubt it's a total, the insurance will no doubt have it fixed, and as long as the suspension wasn't damaged, and the body shop does a good job, you'll never be able to feel any difference in the way it drives, don't sweat it and good luck :thumbup:

If you've got to replace bumpers, now's the time for aftermarket bodykits and covering the difference between what the insurance company will cover and what comes out of your wallet....think about that :read:

hey man i'd like to talk to u about that.. i'm thinking about the bumper... wat kinda bumper is that on urz?... and where did u get it?... and how much?.... i like the m3 bumper.. but i also like urz.... looks hot... i thnk i might try to find a used aftermarket bumper to save a little money so i dont have to pay outta my own pocket ya kno?.. also i was thinking abuot changing the color.. since they have to paint the whole car anywayz.. but then they'll have to paint the WHOLE car.. hood.. inside of hood.. door jams and all that.. so i dunno how much more it'll cost...i want jet black hehe.. yes i'm going through insurance.. they said i can go anywhere... as long as it's within that price range
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BGReddy00 said:
First Choice in Arlington,VA I live in Annapolis and took my car there they do the best work ive seen in the area its def worth it, they tend to be busy so it may take a while they only do bmw and porsche
how are their prices?... will they let me buy my own bumper and stuff?.. called up one body shop today the dobbin auto body... he said i can do it... and it's close.. they have like 20 years exp... i'll be callin the other ones that ppl have mentioned on this forum 2morrow =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts
Bumper is the RD Tornado, but it's a replica/ripoff. Which is way cheaper in price, and won't hurt my feelings nearly as much when I end up hitting something again that rips it apart.

kevmo said:
hey man i'd like to talk to u about that.. i'm thinking about the bumper... wat kinda bumper is that on urz?... and where did u get it?... and how much?.... i like the m3 bumper.. but i also like urz.... looks hot... i thnk i might try to find a used aftermarket bumper to save a little money so i dont have to pay outta my own pocket ya kno?.. also i was thinking abuot changing the color.. since they have to paint the whole car anywayz.. but then they'll have to paint the WHOLE car.. hood.. inside of hood.. door jams and all that.. so i dunno how much more it'll cost...i want jet black hehe.. yes i'm going through insurance.. they said i can go anywhere... as long as it's within that price range
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top