BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been contemplating lately about either going for new Schrick cams for 330i or swapping out diff for 3.64 from Z4 2.5L auto.
Both have their pluses/minuses.

The biggest right now is that AA will need my car for 2 days if I do cams to reprogram the DME. Grrrr...I can't afford right now to pay for the car to be trucked down/back there. But I've heard cams with s/c is a really great combo...
Diff wouldn't need any re-tuning, but not sure how the benefit is where ppl say the speed will change/higher rpm? But I'm new to swapping diff's, so maybe this isn't a big deal? :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is ur 330 manual or Step?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Craig said:
Damn nice when you've got money.... :dunno: How much for Cams installed Nick??
Hehe, hey, your the balla bro! :D Install wouldn't be too bad cuz I got a BMW tech who is a friend of a friend who can do it for me..Same with the diff..

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Since your car probably already launches hard and faster than most 330 steps, I say get the cams and try to get like 20 plus more hp out of your engine. That will do more for you than any sort of regearing. Then go headers like xs3x said. That will make your car sound so good.

·
mi casa @ technik
6,570 Posts
Ward said:
Since your car probably already launches hard and faster than most 330 steps, I say get the cams and try to get like 20 plus more hp out of your engine. That will do more for you than any sort of regearing. Then go headers like xs3x said. That will make your car sound so good.
i think headers should go in before cams..

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
i guess to utilize the cams to their fullest potential, it'd be good to have headers but it wont hurt to run cams before getting headers. Besides, the question was cams or diff. I think u should check out Hiop headers. I have heard good things about those.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts