E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me guys?
My car 9 out of 10 will have the jerk anytime I put it in to D from P especially in the morning and after work which is cold. Is this normal condition?
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never own an automatic vehicle before so I this kind of stuff bother's me. Do you guys have it since its new? or after a while?
Its also jerk the vehicle.
Hmmmm, well how many has this kind of noise and jerk, because if its a lot them I can "Assume" it is normal...

·
Registered
207 Posts
mine jerks too when i put it into D after a reverse. I find it jerking more when I step on the gas right after putting into D... so I wait like half a sec before stepping on the gas.

Mine's new too...only have 1100miles so far...
donno if it's normal...:confused:

anyone else?

·
unregistered user
793 Posts
Its normal....any auto trans could do this because when you shift you are changing the flow of the trans fluid in the valve body. In other words, taking the car out of drive and into park will change the oil flow from the drive circuit to a neutral circuit so you will feel a slight movement. You see the oil is pumped through the trans by the engine spinning the torque converter, which inturn attaches to the transmission's oil pump. When you rev the engine or when it is cold it idles faster so you get increased oil flow. So when you switch gears you get that "jerk" feeling. Do a search on google for the operating principles of auto trannys. All basically work the same reagarless of manufacturer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bradleyg said:
Its normal....any auto trans could do this because when you shift you are changing the flow of the trans fluid in the valve body. In other words, taking the car out of drive and into park will change the oil flow from the drive circuit to a neutral circuit so you will feel a slight movement. You see the oil is pumped through the trans by the engine spinning the torque converter, which inturn attaches to the transmission's oil pump. When you rev the engine or when it is cold it idles faster so you get increased oil flow. So when you switch gears you get that "jerk" feeling. Do a search on google for the operating principles of auto trannys. All basically work the same reagarless of manufacturer.
Hmmm But sometimes, like I said when its cold and Rpm is about 900 don't get that jerk. Trans shift smooth though. I was thinking more of the slack on the rear-end; between the pinion and Ring. Maybe if they make it tighter then it doesn't have so much slack on it. Just my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.