BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my car in February of this year I started looking for E46 information and I found this board. I soon discovered that there was a steering retrofit available for some cars. I did some research and found that my car qualified. Keep in mind this is February 25th or so. I called BMW NA and they told me to wait 6 weeks and then call Global BMW for an appointment to have the parts installed. Well, I have been battling with Global Imports now for 10 months, yes 10 months. Finally I got pissed off and called for the last time and was told by my service advisor that everything was there; all the steering retrofit parts had been ordered and were waiting for me. Thanks for the phone call a**holes. Well, this was on December 12th. So, it is now Christmas, and my car is still sitting there. I got some run-around from the manager that they needed the VIN # and blah blah blah, basically just blowing smoke. So, now they are telling me January 4th it will be ready. Are you kidding me??? 3 1/2 weeks??? This is the last time I will be going to Global Imports. Just a heads-up to all the Atlanta folks... Remember, there is now a new United BMW in Roswell/Alpharetta (they took all the good service reps from various dealerships in Atlanta and put them there)

Thanks for listening...I guess I miss my baby!!!

-Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Fucxxxxxk that Global Imports!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of like one sales man who is really good...BUT

service department is fucxxxxxxxxking sucks!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that bro....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I had the same feeling when i visited there last time...Damn..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've dealt with Global Imports' sales, service, and parts staff for the past five years. My experiences there have always been pleasant. The management and staff are polite and professional.

I do a lot of my own maintenance now, but I still go to Global first for all of my parts needs. The guys in the parts department are first-rate.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Sorry to hear bro :sad:
But you did have a pleasant experience there with your Dinan transmission software download, right? I'm still thinking of doing that sometime..

Hang in there :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts department is excellent

Yeah, John and Collin in parts are two of the most helpful people I have had the pleasure of doing business with. Courteous and helpful and very genuine. I bugged the SH*T out of them before I actually took the plunge and did the Dinan stuff. It is the service department that I have a problem with. If only someone had said "hey, we really apologize for the delay, we have had some issues getting the parts for the retrofit" or something like that, then fine. But even Dan the service manager gave me a whole long list of bull***t that I found out from BMW NA wasn't true. He told me the only way they can order the parts is if the car is in their possession. BMWNA calls BS on that one. How about this one: They "FORGOT" to give my car to the service technician because right after I dropped it off, my service advisor went home sick. So it sat for 3 days before anyone said "oh, this car needs a couple of warranty issues resolved." Come on, I would expect this from Hyundai of Marietta, not a BMW dealership.

-Craig

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my car at Global in June. My sales experience was fantastic. In fact, I will give my salesman, Geoff St. John, a plug. He is a great guy and by far the best care salesman I have ever done business with!
My car is new so, fortunately, I have not had much experience with their service department. Tomorrow I have a service appt. so we will see how that goes. I believe that if I ever did have any problems with their service department that Geoff would go to bat for me! Anyway, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I will let y'all know how my service visit ends up going.

-Joe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Carl Coker is another good salesman at Global, BTW. Very pleasant to deal with.

Craig - It sounds like you need to talk to the service manager's boss about your steering retrofit problems.

·
Registered
293 Posts
atlanta330i said:
I bought my car at Global in June. My sales experience was fantastic. In fact, I will give my salesman, Geoff St. John, a plug. He is a great guy and by far the best care salesman I have ever done business with!
My car is new so, fortunately, I have not had much experience with their service department. Tomorrow I have a service appt. so we will see how that goes. I believe that if I ever did have any problems with their service department that Geoff would go to bat for me! Anyway, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I will let y'all know how my service visit ends up going.

-Joe

That's him i like deal with....i bought a car from him August..^^

He is really good!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,178 Posts
Damn...sorry to hear.

They said the delay was becuase they needed your VIN? That's BS...your VIN is all over your car and if they have it; there is no excuse why they didn't just look on the car for it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I said as well

BMW NA had the VIN from the beginning. That's how they knew the car qualified for the retrofit. Again, all the service manager had to do was say "we screwed up. What can we do to fix it." That's all, and I would be happy. Anyway, like I said before, the new United BMW just opened 10 minutes from my place, they have some of the top service guys in the city there, and that is where I will be going from now on.

I'll keep you all posted on how the retrofit feels...

-Craig

·
Registered
271 Posts
Give the service dept a a bad rating when BMW calls to see how your appt went. Then when the service advisor calls to ask why, tell him to climb up a dogs butt. Just never return there. At least you live in a market that allows you options, rather than a small town that gives you no choices.

·
Registered
194 Posts
well, when ur gonna go buy the car, of course they are gonna be nice to you. but what really matter is what happen after take. like gettin service....i always go to UNITED BMW. very prof.....they have this one guy that just open the door for you...hehe

·
Registered
942 Posts
I must say that my experience with Global has been good. They fixed a problem with door seals for me. I also agree thaat Colin and John are great. Sorry to hear you are having a problem.

I was on Circle 75 pkwy last week (Thursday) and saw your car being test driven. I thought it was you but when I pulled up along side it wasnt you.

Sorry you are having the delay but man are you gonna love it even more when you get it back.
I'll call tommorow about the Strut brace, I just got back into town.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Craig

For sure call BMWNA to let them know whats going on.
CHANGE DEALERS .no body should have to put up with that B/S.
good luck
vern

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been dealing with BMW NA only

as even the manager of the service department is full of S***T. He was the one who told me that they needed the car in the shop before they could order any parts. What I found out is that as soon as BMW NA has the VIN #, they ask you what dealership you use. I told them Global Imports. BMW NA then calls Global and authorizes them to order the parts (which essentially is a steering rack). Again, this was in March, 9 months ago. And I know that BMW NA called them, because I got a call from them telling me that they have contacted Global and that now it is in their hands.

After Global gave me all this B.S., I got a contact at BMW NA and let her handle everything. I told her that I refuse to deal with such idiots, and any information they find is to go through her to me.

So that's where I stand. When I need something from the dealership, I contact BMW NA. When they need me, they contact NA.

And so it goes...

-Craig

·
Registered
66 Posts
I didn't have much luck trying to buy a BMW from Global Imports. When I told him my price (invoice plus $1200) from Athens BMW, they explained that there must be something wrong with the deal, that there was something about it that didn't make sense, and that they could sell as 3 series BMWs at MSRP... I decided I'd rather buy another Honda Civic than buy a BMW from them.

I've ended buying from Athens BMW (Mike Horsman was my salesman), and so far I've been treated great. For instance, the dealer had me and my wife driven up to the Performance Center to pick up our new car at no cost to us.

I've had my car for exactly 26 hours, so I'm not in any position to vouch for long term customer care, but as far as getting a good price, no hard sell nonsense, and great sales service, it's available near Atlanta if you aren't finding it in Atlanta.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I picked up my car from service and I was very dissappointed. I brought the car in for 2 things. 1) I ordered a new key and it needed to be programed for the car. 2) I ran over a parking block and it ripped the black, front-right, mudflap looking thing off. (They call it an engine cover.) I had previously told my service advisor I was a BMW CCA member and he said he would have the 15% part discount on my invoice.
Upon arrival, my service advisor was not there and the discount was not either. I then looked closer at the invoice and it was 50.00 for the part and 175.00 for labor!!! I explained that there could not be that much labor involved in screwing that mud flap thing on. The service advisor that was helping me, not my usual one, said the flap went all the way around the wheel well and it was actually difficult to take on and off. B.S!! It is a liitle part that screws right in front, and the rest of wheel well was untouched. I told this to the service advisor and he said, "you agreed to the price so sorry."" WTF? I talked to the service manager who explained that labor is based on a flat rate, from some book, no matter how long it really takes. I said, "ok, show me that flat rate because I don't believe any book charges 1.5-2 hours for this repair." He showed me the book and I was right!! The flat rate was only 1 hour! My previous service advisor had manually increased the flat rate!! Holy Sh*t-that is plain fraudulent. Well, needless to say they adjusted my bill to reflect my BMW CCA discount and the cheaper labor rate.
The service advisor had no explanation. Then to make a bad situation worse, I asked were my additional key was that they were supposed to program? The manager said, "Isn't it in the car?" No it wasn't in the car or anywhere else!!:banghead: They couldn't find the key, or get a hold of my service advisor. They said maybe my service advisor has it somewhere? WTF? How do you lose someones key at a car dealership??
Moral of the story-Craig is right Global really does suck. I will not take my car there anymore for service!:flipoff: I might call the BBB due to the fraudelent overcharge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts