E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story of the morning: Was driving to work on the 118 in the fast lane when a mid 80's Prelude comes in fast from behind. I see him accelerating in my rear view attempting to pass me on the right by speeding up and slipping in a gap in the 2nd lane. At the same time, the cars in front of me started slowing (70 to ~60mph) closing up his gap. I know there is no way the Prelude is going to stop so I swerve quickly into the carpool lane with a little body roll but the car remains straight. The Prelude locks up his brakes and slides across 3 lanes of the freeway and then back 3 lanes to where he started. :thumbup: for the handling on the BMW.

·
Registered
813 Posts
You are so bad! :)

I did a similar thing one morning. Some moron in front of me decided to slam on her brakes, so instead of doing the same, I just swerved into the other lane. The Bimmer didn't even flinch. :) Had I been in my Mitsubishi, I would've had problems...

·
Registered
825 Posts
WOOT ... I love the way Bimmers handle. :)

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Nice job! It saves me all the time from these L.A. lunatic drivers. I'm constantly reminded of how lucky I am to be driving the ultimate driving machine. And what's up with all these retards in souped up junkers clogging the 118 all the time wanting to go 90+ in any condition? Pisses me off sometimes!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
be happy for that road, when I lived there it was just a dream... talk about being in the middle of nowhere, without that Freeway, there was just no way out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts