BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as far as keeping them dust free...
I have stock brake pads and they're pretty christina aguilera, dirty. :banghead: I'm going to get new set of wheels in a couple weeks and I was wondering if people know of any substance I can apply on them before I mount them to prevent them from getting dirty so easily...:dunno:

gotta keep the kicks shiny like my mj xi lows. :D

Oh yeah brake pads are going bad...what are less dustier ones? would I be able to get them from the dealer?

Thanks a bunch

Amber
who knows so little about so much.

·
Registered
202 Posts
give matt a call at umnitza about brake pads...he'll set you up with some axxis pads...then get some brembo cross drilled OEM replacement rotors with stainless steel brake lines from sam at rennsport...then jus wax the hell out of your wheels

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
wax your wheels before puttin them on. it will be alot easier to clean

·
Registered
174 Posts
sundance2108 said:
as far as keeping them dust free...
I have stock brake pads and they're pretty christina aguilera, dirty. :banghead: I'm going to get new set of wheels in a couple weeks and I was wondering if people know of any substance I can apply on them before I mount them to prevent them from getting dirty so easily...:dunno:

gotta keep the kicks shiny like my mj xi lows. :D

Oh yeah brake pads are going bad...what are less dustier ones? would I be able to get them from the dealer?

Thanks a bunch

Amber
who knows so little about so much.
Hey Sundance,

use wheel wax and wax your new wheel before put them on. it will make it easier to clean them later. For new brake pad, try Hawk HSP Street Pads from bimmerworld. According to some, driving with those pads for weeks without seeing brake dust...

Good Luck:thumbup:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
the guys told you what to get but one thing

1 get axxis brake pads they are 95% dustless then

2 wax your wheels with wheel wax BUT ONLY IFYOUR WHEELS ARE NOT CLEAR COATED.
if they are clear coated you don't have to put wheel wax on them.
you can put car wax or polish to buff them up. but wheel wax i think is different kind of wax i think.
bobm3 ;) ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts