E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2001 330xi
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'll get towed in an hour. There's no ATF in the transmission and the vehicle is in park. And its an AWD XI.

Is it ok to push the vehicle a few meters? I guess I should put the vehicle in neutral to do so -.-

The driveway is a bit tricky and hilly. Might have to push it further down to get it on the tow truck.

Cheers

· Premium Member
28,961 Posts
It will be fine to push the car so the tow truck/hopefully flat bed can reach the car.

· Registered
443 Posts
Yes you must first put it in neutral to move it.
Yes, put it in Neutral first. And let the tow truck driver do his job. He shoud has plenty of experience.

DIY transmission flush end up costing more then a shop could have done it.

You should have looked at GM transmission flush first. Flush is the same for xi and i. And first thing before flush you always want to unbolt fill plug.

Sent from my [device_name] using E46Fanatics mobile app

· Premium Member
29,632 Posts
Honestly you could probably hot rod it around the block once or twice and no damage would occur (not that you'd want to.) but yes you can put "precious" in neutral and push it a few meters. no worries lol. It has more than enough lubricants coating the parts for it not to cause any damage. hell even if dry you'd probably be alright as there's minimal to no load on the thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.