E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... Well i finally scooped up the money to get my Xenon HID lights. Well i have $1200, i hope that's enough for this. I want to get bi-xenon headlights. My question is this.
I want my light switch to be more than just (off, parking lights, and lights) I think i saw one that has an extra switch for angel eyes, and 1 for rear fog... i do'nt have rear fog lights...

should i go to my dealer and get them to put in HID on my car? (I wanted really clear, and bright. I do'nt think the dealers will do that, BUT they can switch my lighting unit i think.

or 2

where should i go to get that put into my car??? I am going to get DDE's in, in about 2 weeks after i get my bi-xexnon lights. But where do i get my lights put in??

Last, IF.... i get them put by bmw, i do'nt want them to be normal... The once i want is something like 6000k HID Xenon. That sounds right right?....

thanks everyone

·
Registered
724 Posts
You can buy the euro switch for your lights even if you dont have rear fogs and possibly hook up the angel eyes and the 6000k deals with the bulb so the dealer probably wouldnt notice/care if you had that kind of bulb...also, i dont know if the dealers will put them on for you but if you have the time and money to do it, go for it!

·
Registered
724 Posts
also, i have a question....why didnt you just get the factory xenon option when you bought the car for only and additional 800 bucks

·
First 19" ZHP
1,276 Posts
why dont u just buy a pair from ebay and save your self some money you can also do the install yourself its not that hard

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dealerships won't put the bi xenon in ur car and they will mostly charge more than 1200. I am not so sure either way. Go to bekkers.com and get urself a pair from there, it seems to work very well.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
huntmdwn said:
also, i have a question....why didnt you just get the factory xenon option when you bought the car for only and additional 800 bucks
Well accually at that time i didn't know about xenon, i though holagen was good. But besides that, I wanted mine to be brighter than the normal standard xenon option that bmw has to offer.

nikemykee said:
why dont u just buy a pair from ebay and save your self some money you can also do the install yourself its not that hard
I though about that as well. But the thing is i wanted to also have the euro switch to go along with it. I don't think i would know hot to install that. I mean the bi-xenon lights i can probably handle but changing the euro switch i don't know. And in 2 weeks when i get my DDE's how can i connect that to the euro switch? will it have instructions FOR euro switch?

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also when i went someplace to install it, they said something about "do you want the whole kit" what do they mean the whole kit? You mean i can just buy the bulbs? Like change my bulbs for my low beams and high beams to 6000k xenon super blue white bulbs and that it? because if that's all i have to put the bulbs for high and lows then that wouln't be a be deal

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone?...

·
Registered
481 Posts
just so you now if you have 6000k or 8000k you be able to see less than people with the stock 4000 somethin k. and you also will annoy peop;e on the road with 7000 and up

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
don't pay 1200 for xenons. Just buy the switch panel from the dealership, put that in, buy some used bi xenons from ebay for like 650-700 and slap them in and use your new switch from bmw for the headlights and fogs. and later when u get your dde, u can wire those to turn on from the extra switches u are talking about. Don't bother with the dealership. You'll get ripped off, plus you won't even be getting autolevel or the actual bi xenon feature unless u pay a whole lot more for all those extra parts. I think your car probably doesn't have the little plug for activating the bi xenon mechanism. And for sure it doesn't have any of the parts that are needed for auto level.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok cool. So i should go to the dealership and get the switch put in... Then go somewhere else and get the bi-xenon. later on i will buy the dde's from umitza... but one last question.

bi-xenon lights.... is that a whole kit? from what i know it is the headlights itself. highbeams and low beams... i'll call my dealership tommorow and see how much it will cost me for the switch... as for the headlights, ebay i saw a couple but really didn't catch my eye... i kept gettin back old model 3 series bi-xenon. so since 6000k is way to much, i should look for 4500k? well if's clear enough and bright that's cool.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
would this be cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tegory=33710&item=2442738444#ebayphotohosting

or am i supposed to be looking for something else.

Se what i don't know is what does kit mean? Can't i just change the bulb and switch the light switch? I have searched and seen bulbs for as little as $50 of 4000k HID's. What am i supposed to be looking for? and if it's a kit i'm supposed to look for, what does a kit mean?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i know this company was selling OEM BOSCH facelift XENONs for about 800 for the pair.
I think it was called chifa trade? anyone recall this?

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sounds good, is their a web site for bosh?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Billmister said:
would this be cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tegory=33710&item=2442738444#ebayphotohosting

or am i supposed to be looking for something else.

Se what i don't know is what does kit mean? Can't i just change the bulb and switch the light switch? I have searched and seen bulbs for as little as $50 of 4000k HID's. What am i supposed to be looking for? and if it's a kit i'm supposed to look for, what does a kit mean?
Avoid those, it's nothing but bulbs with different "color" that makes it look xenon. In the end, you get a different color but it still will be no where near as bright, wide, and good looking as true xenons.

Just because a bulb is rated at 4000k doesn't mean it's true xenon. It will just give off a color similiar or near xenon but no where as bright as true xenon.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
damn is it really that hard to find new xenon headlights for a hologen light 325i sedan? Besides ebay that is

1 - 20 of 23 Posts