BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 3 visits to dealership, finally they are replacing the whole thing.
1 time I went they said they couldnt replicate the problem they put oil on tracks and sent me home

2nd time I drove straight to delaership when my sunroof was stuck and they ordered new motor & control module.

3rd visit was to get the motor installed but that didnt fix the problem so they said they have to remove the headliner and replace the tracks and check cables.

they are keeping the car for 2 days I got a 325xi step for a loaner, which is exceptionaly sluggish compared to my 323ci 5sp. One thing is road noise almost non existend on 325, I dont know if it is the tires or 16inch rims on it. Still mine kicks 325xi's asss .

One thing is that I hard wired my Radar-detector, but I am sure that has nothing to with this since I had the same problem before this mod. I hope they dont blame that for cause.

·
Diesel Power
355 Posts
Thats why I hate Sunroofs...............

·
Registered
398 Posts
gokcer said:
After 3 visits to dealership, finally they are replacing the whole thing.
1 time I went they said they couldnt replicate the problem they put oil on tracks and sent me home

2nd time I drove straight to delaership when my sunroof was stuck and they ordered new motor & control module.

3rd visit was to get the motor installed but that didnt fix the problem so they said they have to remove the headliner and replace the tracks and check cables.

they are keeping the car for 2 days I got a 325xi step for a loaner, which is exceptionaly sluggish compared to my 323ci 5sp. One thing is road noise almost non existend on 325, I dont know if it is the tires or 16inch rims on it. Still mine kicks 325xi's asss .

One thing is that I hard wired my Radar-detector, but I am sure that has nothing to with this since I had the same problem before this mod. I hope they dont blame that for cause.

was your car still under warranty?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup it is under CPO warranty, otherwise it would cost me arm & a leg to get it fixed.(Which I wouldnt, for $1500-2000 I can do w/o sunroof)

Queestion,
Can you purchase additional warranty after CPO is over? (from BMW or Other)
if yes who, how much?

·
Registered
698 Posts
technically they do not have to prove anything till you take them to court, then it is up to them to prove that your modification caused the failure.

Typically only large items get that far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts