BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, so currently my car is being repainted :woot::woot::woot:
I have a 2002 325i, before it was steel blue and well its been through alot you can say. Its being painted Porsche Gt3 Rs Gray with the red mirrors, I got this idea when i saw the bmw from LTBMW with the same paint job and i basically fell in love with it and i always wanted to get mine repainted. Hate it or love it, it doesnt matter to me I love the color combination. My car should be done next week and im going to take about a million photos. Im going to attach photos of it being taken apart and painted. (my wheels in the pictures are plastidipped and i have new ones to put on so dont criticize lol) And for anyone thats wondering its being painted at Green Wood Auto Collision in Wyckoff New Jersey, Ill post a review of the place in the locals section later for anyone whos interested

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
looking good ! sick color choice 3500 is not bad im getting mine redone for 1800 they remove glass doors bumpers hood trunk ...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking good ! sick color choice 3500 is not bad im getting mine redone for 1800 they remove glass doors bumpers hood trunk ...
wow 1800 is an amazing price! jealous.....

and its 3500 in total for the paint job as in final price and yes it is a color change

·
Registered
355 Posts
wow 1800 is an amazing price! jealous.....

and its 3500 in total for the paint job as in final price and yes it is a color change
what i meant by parts included was whether or not the bumpers and hardware were included in that or if you got them elsewhere. I'm looking to get an mtech kit and color change in NNJ, that's why I'm so inerested.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok. well i installed the bumper on myself so they didnt need to charge for those parts but its cheap anyway, i only needed two bumper sliders from the bmw dealership. The weatherstripping all around the doors had to be switched though because it was glue on there and it would have been crappy if it was reglued. If you are going to get your car repainted i could give you these guys information and if i mentioned you to them you can get a better price hopefully.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
yah i wouldnt have painted my car for 3.5k just because the value of the car isn't that much. It is still going to look sweet. Hope it comes out good!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh ok. well i installed the bumper on myself so they didnt need to charge for those parts but its cheap anyway, i only needed two bumper sliders from the bmw dealership. The weatherstripping all around the doors had to be switched though because it was glue on there and it would have been crappy if it was reglued. If you are going to get your car repainted i could give you these guys information and if i mentioned you to them you can get a better price hopefully.
Hmmm $3,500 on a respray is kinda high. I would understand if the price of bumpers were included.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hmmm $3,500 on a respray is kinda high. I would understand if the price of bumpers were included.
I don't know, for a quality paint job including all of the door sills and under the trunk/hood that sounds like a pretty fair price. If it was a Maaco job or something then that'd be different. I mean, think of the labor involved with taking off all four doors plus the hood and trunk, prepping all of the door sills, and then remounting them (plus mounting the bumpers that have been removed and all of the new weatherstripping). It's a lot of work.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I don't know, for a quality paint job including all of the door sills and under the trunk/hood that sounds like a pretty fair price. If it was a Maaco job or something then that'd be different. I mean, think of the labor involved with taking off all four doors plus the hood and trunk, prepping all of the door sills, and then remounting them (plus mounting the bumpers that have been removed and all of the new weatherstripping). It's a lot of work.
+1 I wouldn't be so excited by an $1800 respray quote either. :eek:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts