BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time deciding between H&R Coilovers/Bilstein PSS9s/Konis

Does anyone have anything really great to say or really bad to say about any of those setups. I tried searching but "M3" is less than the four character minimum :banghead:

Now onto prices, where should I get the coilovers, can I get a better deal than Evosport's special:

http://evosport.com/product/hrspecial.html

Thanks a lot for your help,
Iaian

·
Registered
661 Posts
From what I understand, PSS9's are really good because you can adjust the firmness as well as ride height....I dont think you can do this with the HR....

As for price, Evosports is really good, but from time to time Renn-sport runs either a special or group buy on suspensions....I think I remember them having the PSS9 for like 1,000 or something like that....Hopefully, they'll have another one soon so I can jump on them :thumbup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your comment. From what I understand the H&Rs are adjustable, can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like GC because they customize the set up. They use Koni double adjustables (rebound and dampending) and Eibach springs. They match the valving to your springs so the set up is custom. Of course ride height is adjustable as well. Great customer service, fair pricing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
e46m3x2: I've heard a few horror stories of H&R coilovers breaking rear perches(or something on the lower part of the rear coilover). That plus the PCS coilovers cost around $1700 vs the PSS9 which runs $1300.

The PSS9 is adjustable, like any coilover, but also has controls for rebound/compression(not sure if both ways). Both are made in Germany & by huge suspension companies (Bilstein vs H&R).

I just ordered the PSS9 from bavauto.com and the process seems to be going fine (I live in Germany, so I had to get in contact with their salesman via email).

Now, personally, I had H&R springs and Koni Adjustables on another car and the overall ride blew chunks. This could be the reason why I'm a little biased.

·
Bimmerless
1,958 Posts
PSS9s or KW V2's are the coilovers of choice. KW's will give you a lower drop that the PSS9, but both are height and dampening adjustable. KW V3 is if you want rebound adjustment also, but im thinking the kit is prolly $2500-3000.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go with ACS suspension. I have it on my E46 M3 convert and it is awesome! Ride actually improves from stock and the handling and looks are amazing. The drop is perfect on it!

·
mi casa @ technik
6,572 Posts
e46m3x2 said:
I am having a hard time deciding between H&R Coilovers/Bilstein PSS9s/Konis

Does anyone have anything really great to say or really bad to say about any of those setups. I tried searching but "M3" is less than the four character minimum :banghead:

Now onto prices, where should I get the coilovers, can I get a better deal than Evosport's special:

http://evosport.com/product/hrspecial.html

Thanks a lot for your help,
Iaian
this decision is quite simple..

H&R is very expensive but offers only ride height adjustability.

Bilstein PSS9 is very good for its money since its easy to adjust and offers dampening adjustability for a price thats less than H&R.

KW is just as good as Bilstein and it offers an even lower drop

RENNsport offers the last two in great prices..
just email [email protected] and tell him xS3x on the fourm referred you:thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just put in the PSS9s and they are really good the drop is decent back tire almost tucking and fronts are even with the fender. ride is not very different from stock but the car feels more nimble and tight on turns. I went PSS9 due to the H&R rear pearch breaking and I had bilstein on my old E36 M and loved them. As for GC if you are going to the track offten and have the ability to switch springs out that would be the best bet. Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts