E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ROI-ndian
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jus got a used m3 and it came with the acs lip but it looked dull the guy said to just put black magic on and it would be fine...but it didnt help

seems like almost no clear coat or what it is, here is a pic...any products out there i can use?

thanks

http://www.bimmervibe.com/phorum/attachment.php?s=&postid=19651

·
Registered
891 Posts
amitv85 said:
jus got a used m3 and it came with the acs lip but it looked dull the guy said to just put black magic on and it would be fine...but it didnt help

seems like almost no clear coat or what it is, here is a pic...any products out there i can use?

thanks

http://www.bimmervibe.com/phorum/attachment.php?s=&postid=19651

I have used mequires tire shine gel on my old cabon fiber fuel rail covers on my old car, it worked

·
ROI-ndian
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
richbmw323 said:
I have used mequires tire shine gel on my old cabon fiber fuel rail covers on my old car, it worked
did u see the pic? it looks as though someone wet sanded the lip or soemthing...not sure if i can jus reclear it cuz the dullness is not consistnet

ima go by one of teh top detailers in my area n see what they say

thanks

·
The Achiever
1,469 Posts
amitv85 said:
did u see the pic? it looks as though someone wet sanded the lip or soemthing...not sure if i can jus reclear it cuz the dullness is not consistnet

ima go by one of teh top detailers in my area n see what they say

thanks

just get it re-clear coated and treat the clear coat like any other piece of paint on your car...

·
ROI-ndian
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
playinJ30 said:
just get it re-clear coated and treat the clear coat like any other piece of paint on your car...
yeah thanks

I actually got the body guy at my pop's shop to compound it, made the cf look consistent, now just needs a fresh clear coat...i may keep this lip...i dunno if i should replace it with a hamann lip i got now or keep it n sell the hamann lip

what u guys think?

current mods to exterior are:
19 iforged brushed alum aeros
acs 3 piece racing wing (trying to sell)
acs roof spoiler
acs front cf lip
acs rear cf diffuser
acs m3 exhaust
hamann fog/brake ducts

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.