BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much does it cost to get a tire mounted ?
thanks
mike

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
$10 bucks with mounting/balansing/new valve/free rotation at Costco !

3C
---------

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cosco

cosco here i come ! ...

·
Slow in, slower out
4,652 Posts
3c said:
$10 bucks with mounting/balansing/new valve/free rotation at Costco !

3C
---------
Just try to remember what sort of vehicle the typical Costco member brings to Costco for tires. Do you want a tire guy who mounts Firestone el cheapo tires on 15 inch steel all day to touch your wheels?

Ed

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got a great point there ... will reconsider that ! thanks
looking for spell check

mike

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
teamdfl said:

Just try to remember what sort of vehicle the typical Costco member brings to Costco for tires. Do you want a tire guy who mounts Firestone el cheapo tires on 15 inch steel all day to touch your wheels?

Ed

- well don't know how is it in any other Costco's, but in my local one here in the Bay Area CA I did notice only expensive cars from 3-4 yr's old and up, for replacement and btw they do sell diff. brand tires like Michelin, Brigestone, Conti, Pirelli and so on .......

3C
-------

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
The cosco over here seems to have newer and better equipment than the closest tire shop to my place. Last time i went, the only cars there were basically lexus and mercedes...though I'm sure that's not the case most of the time, but u still get what I'm saying. Mounting and balancing a tire is not really that hard of a job...a normal person with no training could probably handle it given the equipment.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've used Costco a number of times to mount tires on my E46 and a VW Passat with alloys. They do much better work than your typical service station. They use a "Euopean touchless" machine that is designed to remove tires from alloys without scratching the alloys. They verify correct inflation and lug nut torque and hand torque every nut to spec. They guarantee their work. Well worth the $10.

·
Registered
917 Posts
be careful of Costco work.

My sis took my car there to fix my flat tire while I was gone on vacation. One of my wheels now has this big gash that goes all around the wheel (probably from mounting it incorrectly) :tsk:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nics said:
be careful of Costco work.

My sis took my car there to fix my flat tire while I was gone on vacation. One of my wheels now has this big gash that goes all around the wheel (probably from mounting it incorrectly) :tsk:
If the tire installer use’s the typical machine to mount the tires to an aluminum rim it is very easy to scratch it all the way around the outside lip. I installed tires when I was younger, and believe me I did it to a rim or two. I am having new tires installed today and am a little worried right now.

Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.