E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I have the phone plugin section in the middle of my car that I don't want to rip out, its not like I have an old school phone to fit in it but I don't want the hassle.

Upon browsing solutions I came across the "BMW Genuine Universal Cup Holder Door Pocket" on Amazon here in the UK.

Could someone confirms this fits an e46, the description seems to think so:

- It fits All Models except Z8 & E85 E86 Z4 Models.

Can anyone confirm if this fits? :thumbup:

·
Registered
963 Posts
BMW's are not for drinking in. I'm going to take out my cup holders as soon as that comes up on my to-do list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BMW's are not for drinking in.
I could not agree more, however I average 3500 miles a month on motorways and I could do with a place to put my coffee, if it was more adventurous driving I would not want or need one as my face would be smiling too much to pour in a drink. :excited:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I could not agree more, however I average 3500 miles a month on motorways and I could do with a place to put my coffee, if it was more adventurous driving I would not want or need one as my face would be smiling too much to pour in a drink. :excited:
Touche :clap:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hmm I actually kinda like this. I originally got a eurotray to prevent people from drinking in my car but every now and then I'll have a water or some other drink with me and trying to secure it in the eurotray with my phone in there as well is always a pain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, ordered that was super pricey but better than points/fixed penalty, so I'll post a photo or two once it turns up of it on the door. :thumbup:

·
Registered
747 Posts
in for pics

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
BMW's are not for drinking in. I'm going to take out my cup holders as soon as that comes up on my to-do list.
God forbid someone use their car as... a car :facepalm:

I don't understand the way some people treat their cars like newborn babies. I drink coffee and other crap in my car all the time, I vacuum it out and wipe it down when needed and my interior is spotless :hi:

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

I don't understand the way some people treat their cars like newborn babies. I drink coffee and other crap in my car all the time, I vacuum it out and wipe it down when needed and my interior is spotless :hi:
+1

I drink coffee and soda and smoke in my car. May be I will retrofit a small hookah in my car someday :p .

I know some people dont agree but if you drive the car 60 miles everyday in the most ridiculous traffic hours. Even a non smoker, and non coffee-cola drinker will start smoking and drinking coffee in the car because there is nothing else to do while snail-ing through.

My interior is clean. I vacuum weekly and condition the leather every month. I have a little painter's brush and a small feather duster in my map pocket for keeping the dash and crevices clean and Black ice tree for the fresh smell.

If you are careful then there is no issue of spilling. I have a packet of gum, a packet of cigarettes and a micro fiber cloth inside the armrest. And the cup holders are staying(although they are not the best cup holders in the industry). They hold a can of cola and a small glass of coffee perfect.

I have another fear though. People(or myself) stepping on gum and walking in the car.

My friend did it once and I noticed it the next day. I had to clean it, goo goo gone helped a lot, but I would not want to do it again.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Putting a cup or anything taller than an iPhone in the cupholder of a manual is a tad masochistic. This is amplified by the ZHP knob. There just isn't enough forearm room for comfortable shifting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the similiar cup holder available in the USA. It fits over the side pocket in the door and is held on by 3 thumb screws. They tend to loosen. I put a thin piece of hardboard on the inside and this seems to solve that problem. Don't close the door with a partially finished drink in it or it will splash all over the interior. I did not like it on the driver's side because it hit my leg. My wife does not mind it on the passenger side though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have that cup holder and mounted it on the passenger side. It looks.....ok:eek: .

The only issue is your passenger will eventually put something in there, get out of the car and slam the door. That is when the clean up of the interior should happen, but it won't because it won't even cross your mind. Pepsi splashed on the interior is a mess after the sun bakes it to the leather seats and the carpet. :ben:

Also there are sleeves to put in the holder to adjust for different size containers. It is a pain in the a$$ to bring the sleeve with you everywhere, you know you won't find it when you need it.

I think I have her shamed into just putting bottled water in the holder now :argue:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the similiar cup holder available in the USA. It fits over the side pocket in the door and is held on by 3 thumb screws. They tend to loosen. I put a thin piece of hardboard on the inside and this seems to solve that problem. Don't close the door with a partially finished drink in it or it will splash all over the interior. I did not like it on the driver's side because it hit my leg. My wife does not mind it on the passenger side though.
Thanks for the advice, I'll chop up an old CD to do this, have had the same problem before with various screw devices like desk lights. :banghead:

·
Registered
963 Posts

I drive my car daily. Last I checked, that was a car's primary use.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts