E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 330ci 2002 from a guy recently and i just replaced the clutch for a uuc performance clutch.......but i realized that the car always drives on high rpms on low speeds....

is there a wayy to gett lower rpms with higher speeds??

helppp he said he changed the gear ratio to 3 something not exactly sure but wat would give me wat im lookin for and wat do i need to replace to get.....lower rpms higher speeds

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,390 Posts
he probably installed a 3.46 off a automatic.

look for a 3.07 off a "ZHP" search if you must

or go back to the original 2.91 on the 5speed.

3.12 can be also had from a 325 stick(highest i mean shortest ratio I would recommend it) or a 3.23 from a x3

Its too high strung I know, I went from 2.91 to 3.46 to 3.07 and that was the perfect balance for me with the FI(forced induction)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5th gear 50mph and rpms were like 3000 almost hitting 4 cant remember exactly but it was wayyy high for me being in 5th gear wat
can i do to knock it down

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i changed the clutch for other reasons actually....i think it is 3.46 actually

wats best fit you think and how much am i lookin at cost wise

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3.07 sounds pretty goood but even if wat site can i buy these things from i just googled a found jack squat

·
6,390 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
5th gear 50mph and rpms were like 3000 almost hitting 4 cant remember exactly but it was wayyy high for me being in 5th gear wat
can i do to knock it down
[/IMG]
Swap the diff. Wow previous owner must have been a city driver, or felt really challenged by those v6 camrys.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its exactly 3.38

·
6,390 Posts
set up a post in classified section for trade or sale,

Im sure you will have lots of people willing to swap with you. Plus you dont have to search around. Nice diff for a person with a 6 speed for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts