E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just colored my dials red with a sharpie and after much fustration of putting it back together the center where the mileage is is ****ed up.

After playing with it a lot I got it to work but I have to hold my hand underneath it and press tightly for it to display properly.

How do I fix this I took it apart many times and it still does not work.
I dont know what I'm going to do now since i'm also scheduled for a visit to the dealer soon.

Please help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pier said:
I just colored my dials red with a sharpie and after much fustration of putting it back together the center where the mileage is is ****ed up.

After playing with it a lot I got it to work but I have to hold my hand underneath it and press tightly for it to display properly.

How do I fix this I took it apart many times and it still does not work.
I dont know what I'm going to do now since i'm also scheduled for a visit to the dealer soon.

Please help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
find the fuse to it, pull it for a few secs and things should be back to normal. I'm not much of a help as far as which fuse it is though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how you know its the fuse. Have you seen this before.

And which fuses. I disconnected the battery before doing any of this

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
PM'd u. Also, try running a search. I'm pretty certain someone had the exact same problem a week or two ago.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you find it cause I cant. Please help!!!!!!!!

I hope I did not mess it up ...

·
Registered
642 Posts
don't trip man...thats just cuz too much preasure on the lcd....just loosen the screws on the cover to see if it helps...if not reset the ecu....Mine did that...hell I never even fixed it!

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,295 Posts
jun14scr said:
just go to the dealer and say. HOLY CRAP HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?~!?!
Only if you still have those "white" needles. Don't forget, he colored them.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Dev said:

Only if you still have those "white" needles. Don't forget, he colored them.
Just use nailpolish remover and it will take the red on the needles right off :). I conned my dealer into replacing my gauge cluster a while back, when I screwed up a gauge panel installation.

·
I got nothin'
283 Posts
Learn to read Arabic cuz that's what it looks like to me :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Amir said:

Just use nailpolish remover and it will take the red on the needles right off :). I conned my dealer into replacing my gauge cluster a while back, when I screwed up a gauge panel installation.

i agree...i think thats your best bet

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Amir said:

Yeah that's your best bet. That's what I would do.

Rich

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED PEOPLE....Thanks for your responses but I solved it on my own...

:pimpin:

IN ORDER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM I MADE SURE THE PINS ON THE BOARD ARE GOING INTO THE SLOTES. Look at the picture that i supplied.

I will be writing a DIY soon on how to do it..

Attachments

·
I got nothin'
283 Posts
And as the pic shows, be sure to use Mr. Bubble for all your car care needs :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts