E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just colored my dials red with a sharpie and after much fustration of putting it back together the center where the mileage is is ****ed up.

After playing with it a lot I got it to work but I have to hold my hand underneath it and press tightly for it to display properly.

How do I fix this I took it apart many times and it still does not work.
I dont know what I'm going to do now since i'm also scheduled for a visit to the dealer soon.

Please help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pier said:
I just colored my dials red with a sharpie and after much fustration of putting it back together the center where the mileage is is ****ed up.

After playing with it a lot I got it to work but I have to hold my hand underneath it and press tightly for it to display properly.

How do I fix this I took it apart many times and it still does not work.
I dont know what I'm going to do now since i'm also scheduled for a visit to the dealer soon.

Please help.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
find the fuse to it, pull it for a few secs and things should be back to normal. I'm not much of a help as far as which fuse it is though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how you know its the fuse. Have you seen this before.

And which fuses. I disconnected the battery before doing any of this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
PM'd u. Also, try running a search. I'm pretty certain someone had the exact same problem a week or two ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you find it cause I cant. Please help!!!!!!!!

I hope I did not mess it up ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
don't trip man...thats just cuz too much preasure on the lcd....just loosen the screws on the cover to see if it helps...if not reset the ecu....Mine did that...hell I never even fixed it!
 

·
PSHOPWERKS
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
jun14scr said:
just go to the dealer and say. HOLY CRAP HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?~!?!
Only if you still have those "white" needles. Don't forget, he colored them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
Dev said:


Only if you still have those "white" needles. Don't forget, he colored them.
Just use nailpolish remover and it will take the red on the needles right off :). I conned my dealer into replacing my gauge cluster a while back, when I screwed up a gauge panel installation.
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
283 Posts
Learn to read Arabic cuz that's what it looks like to me :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Amir said:


Just use nailpolish remover and it will take the red on the needles right off :). I conned my dealer into replacing my gauge cluster a while back, when I screwed up a gauge panel installation.

i agree...i think thats your best bet
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,770 Posts
Amir said:


Just use nailpolish remover and it will take the red on the needles right off :). I conned my dealer into replacing my gauge cluster a while back, when I screwed up a gauge panel installation.
Yeah that's your best bet. That's what I would do.


Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED PEOPLE....Thanks for your responses but I solved it on my own...

:pimpin:


IN ORDER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM I MADE SURE THE PINS ON THE BOARD ARE GOING INTO THE SLOTES. Look at the picture that i supplied.

I will be writing a DIY soon on how to do it..
 

Attachments

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
283 Posts
And as the pic shows, be sure to use Mr. Bubble for all your car care needs :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top