BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for the guys that broke their gauge cluster knob. I broke mine while installing gauge rings. I had this made for my car and had a few spares made at the same time since most of the cost was in setup. I'm selling the spares to help cover the cost of making them. These are cnc machined billet aluminum. They snap onto the stock gauge cluster button and replace the broken pin. Very cool fix, very over engineered.
Only have four for sale and there won't be any more. 40.00 shipped in the US.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you mean the twisting motion it can't fix that. The part that breaks for that is part of the main cluster housing. I have glued the broken pieces back using flexible adhesive with good results. "Goop" is the stuff that works.

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you mean the twisting motion it can't fix that. The part that breaks for that is part of the main cluster housing. I have glued the broken pieces back using flexible adhesive with good results. "Goop" is the stuff that works.
Not to thread jack but could you expand on this? Thanks and bumpski.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to thread jack but could you expand on this? Thanks and bumpski.

It's hard to explain without seeing inside the cluster, but the plastic knob in the photos above have the pin that breaks and also two arms, one on each side of the pin. these arms push on a piece of plastic when you twist the knob. The plastic piece that the knob pushes during the twist motion breaks not the arms on the knob. As you can see in the picture the arms on each side are very stout. The fragile part for the twist motion is actually part of the clusters rear housing. The only way to fix it is to glue the broken piece back with flexible adhesive so it can still move.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, this was a while back. I may have the prototype one in a drawer. I'll look for it and let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks

Yeah I just bought a 01M3. And I wasn't able to reset the trip. So I took it apart and lo and behold that little nipples broke off. So hopefully you have a couple I'll definitely buy them. I do appreciate you looking into it for me. I'm glad you're still on here, that was an old post but a much needed one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts