BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to find out what brand of gas is better for our cars. i know we need to use gas of a certain octane or higher, but does anyone have any suggestions as to which brand of gas is better? shell, chevron, texaco, bp, etc etc.. obviously stay away from the really cheap ones..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I use 93 octane. the 89 octane makes my car a little sluggish. If you have an automatic, you may not noticee.

1. BP
2. Exxon
3. Shell

·
Registered
873 Posts
Wawa 87 octane.

Before the peanut gallery chimes in, let me point out that I get better fuel mileage and have more miles on my car than 95% of the forum members. Interpret that as you may.

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
Flame Suit on...........

93 Octane, Shell.....

Or if I have to, BP

Anything else id rather let my car run out of gas, then stick that crap in my car............

·
Registered
588 Posts
chevron 94 only

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Chevron Premium or Texaco Premium only. BTW, they are the same as Chevron bought Texaco 3 years ago. :str8pimpi

BTW, the Top Tier gas additive package specs were jointly developed by GM, BMW and several Japanese car companies. If BMW sez it's the correct additive package, then it must be good.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i used 93 in VA and loved it, but now in Cali and use 91 on NAVY base, still runs the same really no difference, i think there gas is Citgo last time i checked. What is also good is "Lucas Gas (Injector) Additive" once a month the keep those fuel injectors clean.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts