E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my 2000 323i started right up as usual, but there was NO response from the gas pedal. It seemed to still be connected, and though it was definitely "mushier" then usual, it was still spring loaded and had full travel.

I am FAR away from my normal, trusted mechanic, and have no choice but to bring my old girl to the "worlds' most expensive dealer" in Hartford, CT. Can anybody help before I take my car there and give them a blank check!!??

E

(Mechanic thought maybe it was a "fail safe" issue, but disconnecting battery did nothing.)

· Registered
1,876 Posts
Today, my 2000 323i started right up as usual, but there was NO response from the gas pedal. It seemed to still be connected, and though it was definitely "mushier" then usual, it was still spring loaded and had full travel.

I am FAR away from my normal, trusted mechanic, and have no choice but to bring my old girl to the "worlds' most expensive dealer" in Hartford, CT. Can anybody help before I take my car there and give them a blank check!!??

E

(Mechanic thought maybe it was a "fail safe" issue, but disconnecting battery did nothing.)
I think the older e46s still use a wired throttle cable. I bet the cable has snapped. The pedal still probably has a spring in it which is what you are feeling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.