E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 325i Sport with 79K miles.

This has nothing to do with the burrito with beans...but I have a gas odor in my garage only after driving. The car sits for maybe 30 minutes; when I return to the garage, I smell gas, not too strong. No visible signs of a leak on the floor. No idea from which part of the car the smell may be coming from. I only smell it after parking my car there, so I am convinced it is coming from my car. It started in the fall; I would go out to the garage and smell it but I thought it was coming from the snow blower that I just moved inside. The smell is gone in the morning.

I'm well aware of the leaking O-ring at the fuel pump. I checked that and it is dry as a bone.

It may be more noticeable when the tank is full, but I need to confirm that. I don't smell it while driving, as some have said. Some have suggested the EVAP system. No DTCs or other codes or warning lights. Anyone have advice on where to look next?

Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
was this resolved?

Hi,
Did you ever figure out what was wrong?
When I move my car from the street to the driveway and shut off, I smell raw gas. Only very short trip like this, but not any other time.
I've had fuel rail, 2 injectors and all injector rubber o rings replaced to fix faulty injectors. And this smell wasn't solved as a result.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.