BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I made a post already about BMW Scanner. But there’s a bigger issue I found today. So ever since I got my E46 I’ve smelt a little gas. And it’s recently been making leaks on my driveway and I decided to take a look and it’s just spewing from the middle of my skid plate. Any ideas what that could be? I can’t really drive it until it’s fixed lol.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yes, don't drive until you resolve. The fuel filter/pressure regulator is DIRECTLY under the driver's seat (!). It's connecting hoses are the most likely source. Easy job to remove the access cover, and replace hoses. Also consider replacing the filter/regulator depending on mileage and history. I highly recommend the BMW spec'd hose (which is kevlar reinforced) and clamps (self-torquing). You may otherwise be replacing again in a few years (my case). The respective pn's are CRP 13537563456 and CRP 07129952104. Here's a post with info and links.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, don't drive until you resolve. The fuel filter/pressure regulator is DIRECTLY under the driver's seat (!). It's connecting hoses are the most likely source. Easy job to remove the access cover, and replace hoses. Also consider replacing the filter/regulator depending on mileage and history. I highly recommend the BMW spec'd hose (which is kevlar reinforced) and clamps (self-torquing). You may otherwise be replacing again in a few years (my case). The respective pn's are CRP 13537563456 and CRP 07129952104. Here's a post with info and links.
Awesome! Thank you.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,533 Posts
Remove some covers, get familiar with the routing of the fuel lines. After such the self priming nature of turning the key to the run position, should help you find the leak. Can be done several times.

A strong light is a good friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts