BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary,

I'm about 75 miles from you guys and I've come out to S. Bend before to get tires. I'm really considering coming out again and getting a set of the Pirelli
Pzero M+S tires. Your installers seem to be more careful about mounting and unmounting tires. I'd like to keep my wheels looking nearly new as they do now.

However, barring getting time to get out there do you have any shop in the area that you guys recommend as being careful and doing a quality mount/balance job? I'm in NW Indiana (Crown Point, Merrillville, Valparaiso area). The other reason I'm considering more local shops is that they have
better road hazard warranties than the Tire Rack. And, for the same cost almost all of the shops offer lifetime (of the tire) balance and rotation.
Rotation is not a big issue, but I do like to have my tires rebalanced on occaision once the wear has neared 1/3.

What's your feeling on the rebalance issue? Necessary or pointless?
I'm really considering forgoing the hazard warranty and just driving out to your shop and getting this install done correctly without damage.

TT

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. If there is no vibration then rebalancing is pointless.

I think I may just drive out there and get it done correctly.
You guys are the ONLY shop I've been too where I don't have to ask the tech to use a torque wrench. :)

Thanks.

TT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts