BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen that new "exclusive" leather upholstery BMW is offering for face-lifted coupes and convertibles? I am seriously considering garnet red (granatrot) leather interior, black sapphire exterior (330 coupe). Problem is, because that stuff is so new no local dealership in my area has samples, let alone cars, so all I have is a couple of car configurator pics (and they have the same pics at the dealerships, real useful). Any input on that?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with the "worthless without pics" bit. That is precisely my problem. :) I cannot see the real thing, and I do not even have good pics.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
acitydweller, what are talking about? What claims? I am just asking whether anyone has seen or HAS PICTURES of this new kind of upholstery. If you doubt that it exists, here is a link for you:

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2040910.004/bmw/1.html

To quote: "a new range of Futura Exclusive leather, in Garnet Red, Light Beige, Light Grey or Black".

Or go to http://www.bmw.de/de/interaktiv/car_configurator/index.html, select "3" in "Serie", "Coupe" in "Bauform" and then "330Ci Coupe". After some serious amount thinking happens in that applet, you will be given a new "Farbe... " tab, click it, and you will see "leder", and one of the options will be "Exclusivleder Futura granatrot". If you select it (and OK the popup), you will see in that small picture above what it is going to look like. That picture can be enlarged. But I'd like to see a couple of other (better) pictures or hear the opinions of those who have actually seen it, even though I'm starting to doubt that such people exist. Anyone?

·
Registered
0 Posts
i have jet black and taurin red in my 330ci. it was exclusive for 2001 I believe, but its an excellent combo. the red isnt as dark as the one pictured, but it is eye catching indeed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply, but I was specifically asking about the garnet red upholstery, not the exclusive trim per se. I am getting my garnet red tomorrow anyway :) so I am going to either love or hate it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
sweetmeat said:
i have jet black and taurin red in my 330ci. it was exclusive for 2001 I believe, but its an excellent combo. the red isnt as dark as the one pictured, but it is eye catching indeed.
do you mean tanin red ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, it is a different shade of red. It was a nice sunny day here a couple of days ago, and it just looked damn beautiful with the door open. Unfortunately, it has been gloomy ever since and I do not want to take pictures in this shitty lighting.

One thing good about this lighting is that I can test the automatic headlights. I like the way I do not have to touch the knob anymore, and the adaptive light steering is an awesome feature, too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts