BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all – I am a new here, need some advice. I have always been a coupe guy but just could not pass up this convertible because of the condition (yep, that odometer reads 14,200 miles!).

1. First step for me is I need some better tunes. Is the DICE the only game for ipod interface, and is it the best? My local audio shop had one but it looked kinda cheap. I am happy to delete the CD changer as it sucks anyway; would be nice to have a cool mount on the dash too? What are the best ideas with minimal surgery? Also looking for good V1 install ideas.
  2. After reading lots of posts about wheels and considering the road conditions here in Colorado, I have decided to stick with the stock 18” wheels for now. But I think adding spacers would give a slightly more aggressive look. And tips on size and vendors?
  3. I know this car is getting on in age towards “classic” status, so maybe full stock look is classier for the long run, but I am thinking about getting the black out grills and vents to give it a custom look. Opinions?
  4. I searched, but I can’t make sense of the lighting options. I druel over the look of what I think are called “angel eyes,” but also read about xenons and bi-xenons etc. My lights look dated and don't light up the canyon carving at night, but I don’t where to start, please help with some ideas for upgrades that keep with the OEM quality and classy.
  5. Lastly, I would like a little more throaty exhaust note (used to driving a V8). I like the idea of the Dinan for the OEM/stock mojo, but what is up with the fake tips? Any other options to consider that are as sophisticated sounding as the Dinan?
Thanks a lot in advance for any advice and help you are willing to offer with these questions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great looking car! I have no suggestions other than do the black grills. I did them on my old e90 and will be installing them on my e46 soon enough. Gloss black to match the gloss black trim pieces.

Colorado person here too, lots of twisties in the foothills that make for awesome weekends cruises :)

Justin

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wow, low miles.

Just wait a bit on the mods and do some more reading before you do anything drastic, do some maintenance... you will not make it sound like a v8 though.

Nice find!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the pics on the twisties up by red rocks! I was thinking matte black by good idea on matching the gloss, thanks Justin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, low miles.

Just wait a bit on the mods and do some more reading before you do anything drastic, do some maintenance... you will not make it sound like a v8 though.

Nice find!
Well, no maintenance is needed! Can you believe the previous owner changed all the fluids twice a year and did all the prescribed maintenance despite the low miles driven - everything is PERFECT. It was like a new car delivery with the key chain with the dealer stock number and everything - I fell really lucky. Agree I should just enjoy it as is, but reading all this forum stuff gets me wigged out for mods.

·
Registered
103,546 Posts
Great find. If you decide to do some light modding, keep those original parts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts