BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new garage door opener (Universal Transmitter) and installed it in my 2003 Xi. Doesn't work! No lights or any indication it's getting power. Used a digital voltmeter to check the connector and find nothing. No power between any of the terminals on the 3 wire connector. The fuse diagram says fuse 26, a 5 amp fuse that powers the circuit. The fuse is good. So, do I have the right connector? Are there any other connectors I'm not seeing? Does anyone have the wiring diagram for thus particular wire? The Bentley manual I bought doesn't show this circuit.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You fished around on the right side and found the connector tucked up in there? That's odd and the first time I've heard of someone not having power to the connector. I didn't have any problem at all. I'm pretty sure there's only one connector up there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You fished around on the right side and found the connector tucked up in there? That's odd and the first time I've heard of someone not having power to the connector. I didn't have any problem at all. I'm pretty sure there's only one connector up there.

I have an 2000 328Ci and I can't find the connector :cry:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed the unit myself a while back. I believe there is another connector tuck in there. Check again. Check for bent pins, it happens you know!!!!just an idea:idea:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I FOUND IT! The correct wire was tucked under other wires, as described, on the right. Wonder what the wire I tried to use was? I'm so happy now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts