E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife mentioned that there is a gap between the body and the rear door yesterday, and I thought it's silly. But I decided to take a close look.

I can't really explain this in words, but when you look at the car from behind, there is a gap between the top of the car and the part that houses the doors. If you don't look at it carefully, it actually looks like the door was not completely closed.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
71 Posts
post some pictures of what you are talking

:pics:
iamcrom said:
Hi,

My wife mentioned that there is a gap between the body and the rear door yesterday, and I thought it's silly. But I decided to take a close look.

I can't really explain this in words, but when you look at the car from behind, there is a gap between the top of the car and the part that houses the doors. If you don't look at it carefully, it actually looks like the door was not completely closed.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
43 Posts
question: did you ever get into a car accident in that car or get a dent fixed on that door, or did you get it repainted for any reason, etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Sorry everyone.

I will take a picture tonight and post it. The car is brand new (only 2 weeks old). It's stupid of me not taking picture of the car. My apologies to everyone...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,

Here are two pictures of the door. As you can see, doors don't look properly closed when they actually are closed. Does anyone have the same thing in their BMW?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
You may just need your door latch adjusted. Both of my front doors needed to be adjusted in a little to make them flush.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Staszek said:
Are you talking about that gap that I am pointing at? That isnt the door, that is supposed to stick out a bit keeps the rain and water running away from the door and seals its like a gutter.
Yes. I didn't know what to call that part, so that's why I mentioned "door housing". It's actually the part between the body and the door.

If it's supposed to be that way, that's great. I carefully looked at some of the 3-series this afternoon, and I spotted one car that doesn't have that gap. All other ones had a bit of a gap just like ours.

Thank you very much everyone! I can finally have some sleep :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts