BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new car. Have been looking at both the G35 and the M3. I like the looks of both but i would have to say the M3 takes it in that category along with most other categories except pricing. i really want an m3 but the ones that arein my price range(college student) have higher miles, around 70,000-100,000. The g35s hve low miles, 20,000-50,000. Also the m3s are about 3 grand more. I drive alot of miles so i was leaning towards a g but i cant get over the m. I have also owned a bmw so i know a few thing about them. I have heard that the g35s have some transmission problems and are not as well made as bmws. Need alittle advice

·
Registered
157 Posts
do the right thing......get the M:4ngie:

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Obviously the Ultimate Driving Machine.... why post a thread with an obvious answer? haha. Yes... do the right thing ^

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
IMO, they are not even in the same category.

M3 FTW... :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Are you serious? Dude, M3 all the way. You said you're a student - I'm gonna jump to conclusions and say get it now and enjoy the coupe layout before you're married with kids and have a spouse nagging you to get a 4-dr. Plus the G35 interior - actually all Infinitis I've ridden in - is cheap, cheap, cheap. There just is no comparison between German and Japanese interior construction.

M3 M3 M3 M3

M.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
G35, will be easier with payments and with alot less miles on it. M3 with lotta miles really aint worth it when the warranty is out :dunno:

·
When Keepin' it real goes..
6,631 Posts
insurance is the killer..

you can always go 3.0 and force induction.

but M all the way..

·
Registered
677 Posts
M FTW! What's 3K difference on let's say 36 month spread?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
^:werd: again
it would be tight to get an m or a g, but in reality, whats wrong with your car?
i'm a 3rd year college student, and trust me man, wait until you get out of school and get a career... then u can actually afford a nicer car. i'd say live it up in college, and don't worry too much about ur car... although i'll admit it took me a while to realize that, so i hear where u are coming from...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is this even a serious question? There is no comparison between a M3 and a
G35. I would honestly keep what you can now rather than getting the G35. It's just not a BMW, and you'll miss it. I'd rather wait a bit, save up and get a M3 :4ngie:

·
Registered
186 Posts
there are many reasons here make him debating get the G or M
but question is can you keep up with the payments, insurance, and maintenance, gas...etc

i'd suggest you get the car that after all the funds spend on each month, still have some left in your pocket for girlfriend fees or other stuffs.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
First of all, G and M3 shouldn't be compared. It's an insult.

2nd, as many said, keep your current car til you grad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I might keep my car but i can't keep a car for more than about 6 months. I think i have car a.d.d. I own a small business buying and selling imports after fixing them. Pick up blown up DSMs for about 1-2 grand, overhaul the motor and sell them for around 7-9 grand. Thats why i have money to afford to buy cars. I am also starting an internship in about 2 weeks. My car is getting up there in miles and i would like to sell it before i get to high and i lose my ass. I bought the car in May of 06 with 65,000 on it, it now has 89,800. I would like to get a low mile g35. The repairs are not really a big deal, i have a friend who works on a grand am race team and he is really close friends with all the BMW mechanics(free labor) and i guarentee they would make dealer techs look like fools. And i can fix almost anything that goes wrong on a car.

PS- I have received a few pm's of people telling to buy the g35. They say they have m's and have to many problems. They are afraid to say this on the forum for the fear of getting flammed lmao

1 - 20 of 72 Posts