E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
stinkboy said:
ok ive painted my calipers before on my previous car. used the spray paint in can for calipers. however this time i chose to purchase the G2 caliper paint due to its luster and durability.

heres the ***** part, i need to do the job at my work. why because i can pull my car inside the building and be on a flat concrete surface with fans and stuff so i dont sweat my balls off in this heat. also the metal brakets on the calipers, even though my car is only months old, are rusted and i need to use my work's glass bead blaster to remove the rust before painting. the issue at hand is that the instructions say the paint cures enough after two hours to put the rims back on but not to drive the car for 24 hours. at best i will get about 8 hours at work before i need to drive home. has any one or know someone that has shorted the time from 24 hours to a lesser time and if so what happened?
You will get brake dust all over your new paint, so instead of your painted brake calipers looking like crap in 3 months, they will look like crap sooner. Seriously man, I'd reconsider this "mod." Not only do painted calipers looks cheap as it is, but the calipers on E46s is not something you want to draw attention to.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
RNarang said:
you dont have a clue. just stfu you azzhole
You're the one making your car look like a Messican's Corolla. :spit:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.