BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
99% Stock
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just 0-60 MPH gtech-ed my '01 325i steptronic today. :D

1st run (forgot to turn off DSC): 8.30 sec

2nd run: 7.72 sec with a nice tire slip at start.

Anyone have results to compare? Are these times about right? I can't imagine how much quicker i can get them cause i powerbraked pretty hard.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
I just got my G-Tech Pro Comp in the mail today. :D Haven't had a chance to play with it yet since I'm still on vacation and away from my whip. Did you get the software that allows you to download all your performance data on your PC it's supposed to come with? I didn't get the software and you can only download the updates from their website. :dunno:

BTW, If you can, post your HP and Torque results as well! :thumbup:

·
99% Stock
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You big baller! The new gtech looks freakin tight. I have the old gtech from a couple years ago. I can't really get the HP and torque to work well. I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
JoeK said:
You big baller! The new gtech looks freakin tight. I have the old gtech from a couple years ago. I can't really get the HP and torque to work well. I'll try again tomorrow.
Yeah! Do it! If I can't find a place to dyno my whip locally back home, I'll have to rely on the G Tech to post my dyno results. I'll do about 5 runs and average it out. Go to a truck weigh station tomorrow to get the exact weight of your vehicle. Don't forget to account for all the variables (weather, temperature, wind direction, road conditions, etc...) in your report. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
oo ok yea those are nice one of my friends has one in a prelude, very useful and not to expensive I think he got his for around 150

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
For that price it must've been the older the version. The new generation version II looks much better and has some really cool features. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
post some pics if you got some of it, id really like to see it, sounds interesting, i havent seen his in awhile but I just remember he could like do 0-60 type stuff...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey wasup, good job on your times man! Its fun GTECH'in the car. Well here is something i posted a while back:

GTECH Pro results: 325ci

Hey wasup everybody! Anyways I GTECH'd my 2001 manual 325ci last night and came up with some impressive results. First of all my car is still bone stock other than the K&N drop in filter. Last year when i tested the car (still was unfimiliar with the launch methods of the car) i kept on consistently getting 7.0 -7.1sec to 60mph with a quarter tank of gas and 45-50 degree weather. The road i tested on was perfectly straight and flat. Now that my car has 24,000 miles and I having experience launching the car here are the results. Last run with quarter mile time.

gas: 1/4 tank
Temp: 46 degrees (car indicated)
road condition: Flat and straight (same road i always test on)

1st run: 6.89 sec
2nd run: 7.04 sec (pretty bad launch)
3rd run: 6.61 sec
1/4 mile: 14.8-14.9 secsonds @ 94 mph.

On my third run I launched the car at about 3300-3500rpm and had the best launch i've ever did in my life! As you could see with the time i achieved. The reason I'm not clear as of the quarter mile time is because when glanced at the GTECH at quarter mile i saw 14 something @ 94 mph, then i looked back at the road really quick then back again but before i could see the time, the damn GTECH Pro falls off my windshield hits my shifter and turns off! So i'm guessing its really high 14's. But anyways I'm really proud of my car now, especially last night when it was one of those nights where the car felt faster than normal. With all the talk about 330's, I just want to show that our 2.5L's are fast too. Peace.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: If you go G-Tech pro then why no go Nology if you have PDA

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
You get a OBD II scan tool as well and the results are more accurate:

The Nology thing looks cool but it doesn't appear to support BMWs later than 1999, unless I'm missing something :dunno:

·
Registered
16 Posts
nology PDA Dyno sounds brilliant - but it connects to the newer OBDII connectors, and my 1999 323i only has the round 6 pin diagnostic port. Would be nice if it could be installed in a laptop...I have emailed them to get clarification on those points.

Failing that, I am back to trying to get "Street Dyno" to pick up from the diagnostic port.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Simon

The nology PDA is for the standard 16 pin OBDII port not the 20 pin DLC that is in 323 and 328's. It is listed on their site and shows a picture of what a OBDII port looks like. The clarification is on their site. Hope that helps.

SimonM said:
nology PDA Dyno sounds brilliant - but it connects to the newer OBDII connectors, and my 1999 323i only has the round 6 pin diagnostic port. Would be nice if it could be installed in a laptop...I have emailed them to get clarification on those points.

Failing that, I am back to trying to get "Street Dyno" to pick up from the diagnostic port.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Hey guys I was doing a search on 325i quarter mile times and i just i'd let you know I'm talking my 5 spd 2003 325i to the strip next week in Fontana, CA....I'm really curious on what times it will come out with.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Do you have any mods boogs? Those are kick ass times for our 2.5l

1 - 20 of 29 Posts