BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ive been able to make contact by going thru a company in Florida named psi. They arranged payment for me as GPower would only accept wire transfers. I didnt feel comfortable with that so they made the payment for me. My car has been down about a month now and will probably be down another 4 weeks till payment clears, shipping happens, and then the actual fix.
Keep us up to date. Im curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, so thanks to some of members here who provided for me very valuable installation manual i managed to put everything together, mine SC is G-Power TM12 kit on M54B30. But unfortunately i got a problem now... The car is not running at full power. At around 3k rpm the engine starts to choke ... even at idle after about 1min of running ... When driving slowly the e46 acts normal ... The DIS shows only missfire on one cylinder (different each time) otherwise no other fault codes. Fuel filter is from M3 (max 5 bar) and the pressure on fuel rail is 4,2BAR at idle. The ASA potentiometer is installed on the MAF and has minimal impact on the run of the engine ... The fuel injectors are stock, so is the ECU map, but that shouldnt be an issue. The engine functioned without any problems before installing SC.
Hangee was kinda having similar problem with stock ECU map and im curious if anyone of u had/having the same problem and if u manage to make it work.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions/help guys!
Im from Prague, Czech Republic.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Hey guys, so thanks to some of members here who provided for me very valuable installation manual i managed to put everything together, mine SC is G-Power TM12 kit on M54B30. But unfortunately i got a problem now... The car is not running at full power. At around 3k rpm the engine starts to choke ... even at idle after about 1min of running ... When driving slowly the e46 acts normal ... The DIS shows only missfire on one cylinder (different each time) otherwise no other fault codes. Fuel filter is from M3 (max 5 bar) and the pressure on fuel rail is 4,2BAR at idle. The ASA potentiometer is installed on the MAF and has minimal impact on the run of the engine ... The fuel injectors are stock, so is the ECU map, but that shouldnt be an issue. The engine functioned without any problems before installing SC.
Hangee was kinda having similar problem with stock ECU map and im curious if anyone of u had/having the same problem and if u manage to make it work.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions/help guys!
Im from Prague, Czech Republic.
Are you saying that you have NO S/C "Tune" installed in your ECU ?

You need a tune to make it work.

Rob43

·
Registered
655 Posts
Before installing the supercharger, was the engine running normally with the m3 fuel filter and seeing 4.2 bar of pressure at the fuel rail? I feel like it shouldn't...
I bet the car would run better with stock fueling on the stock ecu map than with your current fuel filter/pressure regulator setup. BUT that does not mean you should run F/I on a stock map for any extended period of time.
If I were in your shoes and it turned out what i suggested above had nothing to do with it, I would probably try uninstalling the MAF adjuster and seeing how the car liked that? This is how I would go about troubleshooting and NOT a permanent solution to your problem.

Like the guy before me said, you really do need a tune

·
Registered
82 Posts
Beky your flowing 20% more air than stock at 3k, the stock ECU can't deal with that increase in airflow your cars brain is confused and the choking is it trying to save the motor from leaning out (my guess). I would NOT attempt 100% throttle right now, without a tune you need to drive like a effing grandma anything over 1k rpm, and you risk eating a piston. I would recommend trailering the vehicle to a dyno for a Tune, or get in contact with G-power or ESS or PurePerformanceFactory, none of them are exactly local but G-power and ESS should be able to hook up a remote tune..

61 - 66 of 66 Posts