BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
25,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So this may be a dumb question, but does the removal of the aux fan impact A/C performance (i.e air temp)? I like the concept of the swap, but I like to be comfortable too...

thanks
The AC runs fine. Nice and cold.

·
Registered
25,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
First day running the AC in a long time. It was a bit hot this afternoon and I had it at full blast. Ice cold, and car didn't overheat.

Hmm...

·
Registered
745 Posts
First day running the AC in a long time. It was a bit hot this afternoon and I had it at full blast. Ice cold, and car didn't overheat.

Hmm...
There are people with working AC's? lol Thats so amazing to me because my AC crapped out on me a few weeks after I bought the car 2 and a half years ago. Won't hold freon and 2 indy shops said the leak is probably behind the dash, and compressor is weak. Thats quality :facepalm:

·
Registered
25,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
There are people with working AC's? lol Thats so amazing to me because my AC crapped out on me a few weeks after I bought the car 2 and a half years ago. Won't hold freon and 2 indy shops said the leak is probably behind the dash, and compressor is weak. Thats quality :facepalm:
A/C works fine...I don't think many people have problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Kepeng,

I guess its safe to assume that the wiring that is existing takes care of the switch that is necessary to turn the fan on? Because if it never had the need to do it before, did it? Just wondering. I am glad it worked out for you. Did you remove then mech pulley from your car and then go with a shorter serpentine belt or does the water pump run off of that pulley?

·
Registered
25,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey Kepeng,

I guess its safe to assume that the wiring that is existing takes care of the switch that is necessary to turn the fan on? Because if it never had the need to do it before, did it? Just wondering. I am glad it worked out for you. Did you remove then mech pulley from your car and then go with a shorter serpentine belt or does the water pump run off of that pulley?
No changes to the belts. All the plugs you need are already on the car.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts

·
The Brake Newbie!
1,146 Posts
i did the auto to manual swap on my car so should i remove the aux fan? and just leave the mechanical one?
Rephase: You can leave the Aux and Mechanical Fan if you want or can upgrade to a Electrical Puller Fan Only (Behind the Radiator) and remove the Aux Electric Fan.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
i did the auto to manual swap on my car so should i remove the aux fan? and just leave the mechanical one?
no, you remove both fans and replace them with the one electric fan, the aux fan is removed to make room for an intercooler and the electric fan goes behind the radiator where the mechanical fan would be

·
Registered
25,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
No, because it won't cool enough to keep your car from overheating...that's why the aux fan exists...an electric fan is more powerful.

:idea:

61 - 80 of 466 Posts