BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i get my 2002 325ci with sport package ready for track?
I have a BFP Carbon fiber intake already and the shark injector

i kinda wanna focus on handling what would be some of the best springs a sturt bars out there?? please help me :str8pimpi

·
Registered
521 Posts
cameron325ci said:

i kinda wanna focus on handling what would be some of the best springs a sturt bars out there?? please help me :str8pimpi
get an m3 :idea:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
I know I don't have the best...

cameron325ci said:

But I always get rave reviews on my 325's handling when the instructors take it on the track at Road Atlanta.

I have PSS coilovers, Racing Dynamics sways and Dinan braces front and rear... handles sweeeeet :thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats some of the best springs or sways out there could u all tell me some of the best lowering springs???
and some of the sway bars ?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
neo_328ci said:
get an m3 :idea:
you dont need an m to have fun on the track.... i think you should just go and have a good time/learn how to drive your car, you'll realize your stock bmw is very competent car

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
Start with the driver first before you invest anything on the car. Get as much seat time as you can.

The stock setup will be more than you need when learning vehicle dynamics and how to drive the proper line.

Make sure your modifications are taken in small steps. I wouldn't even touch the suspension until you have a firm grasp on basic handling.

·
Core Fanatic
1,160 Posts
People always ask this question, but seriously, you should know what you need before you ask this question or you are not ready to upgrade anything.

I think you are asking more for street/track use. I agree with Hakjai in that you should get out there first and master the limits of the 325 stock and then move to improvements. That said, if you are going to attack the track with some minimal improvements, always go with a good dry weather tire (tires are a mod too). Though they last for sh!t, I like the Bridgestone S03, and Toyo Proxis.

Sway bars would be next. And as an incremental project, coilovers would be last, after you have dominated your cars abilities. Subframe reinforcement and shocktower braces are recommended when race-prepared is reached, along with complete gutting of the interior and a roll cage addition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts