BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. When I first got here on the board I saw eyelids and I thought; "that's the dumbest thing ever, why would anyone want those ugly things?"

Then after a few months I started seeing them on Tit. Sliver cars and in person. Slowly I started to accept them as a ok mod.

So then I find these ones on ebay for 15$ and i'm like... "what's 15 bucks? I am getting a bunch of stuff painted now. If I ever want them later it will cost an arm and a leg to paint them by them selves." So I got them and they came in today.

I installed them just to see what they would look like unpainted. Now I am going to get them painted but I already can't live without them. They make my car look so much better!!!!! :pimpin:

man. When I started here I could never imagine the day when I would say I couldn't live without eyebrows. Its amazing now this stuff grows on you. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
hey, i bought the same ones you did. Those bastards sent me kamei ones instead....luckily i like them. anyways, i bought titanium silver spray paint and used that. IM not going to pay 60 bucks to get a 10 dollar piece painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
potpie. you can buy Tit Sliver 354, same as our cars in spry can. You need to get it made but its only like 24$ a can. Or they could make it in 1/2 gallon for about $100. I am thinking of getting it in 1/2 gallon and doing all my paint work my self. I need bumper, moldings, eyelids and wing painted.

My dad still has all of his painting stuff from back when he raced nascar.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
yea thats what i bought....and i dindt' knwo they had 1/2 gallon ones. That must be a huge spraycan

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no... its not spray can. You would need a lot of tools and stuff to do it the way I am going to. But lucky for me we have it all ready. Your eyelids look good! The color looks a little off. I'll have to see it in person. Did you use a clear finish on top?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
TimeFor said:
no... its not spray can. You would need a lot of tools and stuff to do it the way I am going to. But lucky for me we have it all ready. Your eyelids look good! The color looks a little off. I'll have to see it in person. Did you use a clear finish on top?
lol i was kidding about the spray can. But yea, i used about 4 coats of clearcoat over it. The eyelids are a little darker then the car though. sucks. ARe you going on saturday?

·
Im The Man
1,265 Posts
which site did u guys buy the paint from? Was it just base coat? Last time i bought paint in a can it was just base coat and i had to clearcoat myself. I didnt come out as i had hoped. :sad:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea I'll be there. I am trying to talk my dad into getting all the paint stuff out tomorrow. I got my M-Tech and I want to install it!!!! If We do get it out. I will have everything painted by sat. ( I Hope )

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MCD007 said:
which site did u guys buy the paint from? Was it just base coat? Last time i bought paint in a can it was just base coat and i had to clearcoat myself. I didnt come out as i had hoped. :sad:
everytime I have seen it in can it is a base. I think you have to clearcoat it no madder what. Not that big of deal. Its not that much money for clearcoat.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking of just installing everything I got and driving around town with different colored bumpers like the ricers. But I didn't get all the parts I needed to install it correctly so I need to order some more parts from BMW. That and I don't have fogs yet. And I don't think my thin flat ones will fit in M-Tech.

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,723 Posts
thats funny the seller sent me the same kamei eyebrow too..so i went to his pc bang and pickedup the real fake ones.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
MachRc said:
thats funny the seller sent me the same kamei eyebrow too..so i went to his pc bang and pickedup the real fake ones.
where is that???????? what a bastard.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
TimeFor,

What parts did end up ordering for your M-tech bumper? I saw the thread you posted up a few days ago with the two lists of parts that people compiled. I was planning on ordering the bumper for my 2000 323i also. It would be great if you could tell me what parts you ended up ordering? Could u also tell me who you ordered it from and how much? I am in OC.

Thanks

Btw....did you order the clubsport splitters or might you now the part number. I did a search and found a part number someone listed but he had a coupe instead of a sedan so i dont know if it works.

·
99% Stock
1,132 Posts
hey MachRc, what kinda mickey mouse mods you got? I'm poor and ready for any suggestions.

Damn, p0tpie, your ride is starting to look hot!

·
6,723 Posts
its so mickey mouse..that i should be sponsored by ebay:eek:

·
6,723 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:
Mach why is your license plate off center?
i am retard:rolleyes: i slapped it on for court a long timeago..
with 3m double side tape.. i stuck it on the side cuz my retarded:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts