E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get this funny smell after hammering my 330 hard. Its not tires (cos im not wheelspinning) and it doesnt smell like clutch either! What could the smell be? Ive just installed a performance replacement filter on my car

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,496 Posts
Chris330iSPORT said:
I get this funny smell after hammering my 330 hard. Its not tires (cos im not wheelspinning) and it doesnt smell like clutch either! What could the smell be? Ive just installed a performance replacement filter on my car

maybe it's your passenger. did he check his pants? :dunno:

:lmao: sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Read Only
12,638 Posts
my car does that and i went to the track with a friend

that is a mech. and he told me it smell like a clutch burning a little. i look it up
in my manual. and discovered when you take off the dsc in my car and launch the car the clutch will smell a little. but that is on a smgm3. i thought
i would just mention that do you guys.

i think when you get on any car hard that you are burning the clutch a little
in stick or auto. its the wear and tear of geting on your car.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Slow in, slower out
4,365 Posts
You smell that? Do you smell that? Brake pads, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of brake pads in the morning. You know, one time we drove on a track, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' M3. The smell, you know that brake pad smell, the whole track. Smelled like... victory. Someday this driving school's gonna end...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
teamdfl said:
You smell that? Do you smell that? Brake pads, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of brake pads in the morning. You know, one time we drove on a track, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' M3. The smell, you know that brake pad smell, the whole track. Smelled like... victory. Someday this driving school's gonna end...
:lmao:

Apocalypse now? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.