E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
moderation in all things
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a funny noise comming from my dash.

You know that little MPG meter in your dash, whenever it moves I hear a "swoosh" kinda noise.

Anybody know what I'm talking bout?

:dunno:

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
I know that noise...

My '00 323Ci is at the dealer right now having the gauge cluster replaced under warranty to eliminate that noise.

It doesn't really hurt anything but it's not really supposed to make that noise, either.

·
moderation in all things
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I know that noise...

slow323ci said:
My '00 323Ci is at the dealer right now having the gauge cluster replaced under warranty to eliminate that noise.

It doesn't really hurt anything but it's not really supposed to make that noise, either.
hey thanks for the reply, guess i'll get my gauge cluster replaced at my next service

:bow:

·
frequent tire purchaser
654 Posts
Mine makes a funny noise like that too, but it only seems to do it when I first start driving, then goes away after the car has warmed up.

·
moderation in all things
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jun14scr said:
there was a big thread about this like a day ago.. search for it.

btw i have it too.
ahh yes, found it.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=40679&highlight=gauge+noise

"It's the MPG gauge. It is based on a vaccum hose to drive the gauge, and when it moves drastically from one end to the other (like when you engage first gear...And start rolling past 2 mph) the air rushes in so fast it makes a little whistle or "whoosh" sound. "

sounds like there are a few of us who need to get their gauges replaced.

thanks guys.
:bow:

·
Registered
401 Posts
R u guys sure the noise will go away after the guage is replaced, i mean its a vacuum so i guess it will continue doing this:dunno:

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
Beema said:
R u guys sure the noise will go away after the guage is replaced, i mean its a vacuum so i guess it will continue doing this:dunno:
The noise went away after the new instrument cluster was installed.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,773 Posts
do u have an intake ?

·
moderation in all things
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ac325ci said:
do u have an intake ?
i had this problem before i got my intake. i'm pretty sure i just need to get a new gauge cluster.

:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts