E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
is on da floor
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it all started yesterday. I was about 1/4 tank full. So i decide to pull in and put 15 dollars of gas in (7 gallons i believe) and i start the car after im finish pumping, no change in fuel level. Okay so this has happened to me once before, i was little under 1/4 tank and i decide to pull in and put some more. No change, however when i was driving around all of a sudden my gas guage popped up and showed the change in fuel level as i was driving about a month ago. Okay so i figure this time that i put the 15 dollars in maybe tomorrow it will show up. Well tomorrow comes (Today) And nothing new on the fuel guage. So i decide to pull up and top it off. I topped it off today till the fuel spilled from the tank (accidentally) and i started the car up and headed off, no fuel level change on the guage. The fuel guage has been going down since this afternoon and hasnt gone back up yet. As of right now my fuel guage is at empty with the light on and OBC reads ---- for MPG left on tank. Upon searching, i'm thinking it's my fuel level sensor? or perhaps my cluster? the car does not have warrenty, and my mechanical skills are pretty good. I'm able to tackle a fuel level sensor if it is the case. How can i determine whats the problem though? And also if it is the fuel level sensor, is it on one side of the tank? or two sensors for each side of the tank? I was browsing the ETK and only saw one fuel level sensor for the left, and a suction unit for the right. Does the suction unit also include a fuel level sensor for the right hand side of the tank? Thanks for reading my post. Nil :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts