BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is a set of 4 SSR Competition Type H wheels 17x10 et35 (sometimes called Type CH). I used these wheels on my E36 M3 track car for auto-x and 3 track events (pictured below and in my sig). Other than a little dirt, wheels are in excellent condition, straight and true.

As far as I can tell, SSR no longer makes these wheels and they are very hard to find in this size, bolt pattern and offset. They also fit the E46 M3 without issue as well (I test fit them on my E46 M3 and they fit without issue).

The tires have since been dismounted from the wheels to support shipping.

Price: SOLD!!

Local sales preferred, but I will ship at buyer's expense. I am located in the NoVA/DC Metro Area. Post or PM if you have any questions and thanks for looking.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea if these would clear a 355mm bbk on an e46 m3?
Not sure. I know when I mounted the wheels on my E46 M3, there was plenty of clearance for the OEM brakes. However, without specific measurements there is no way to be certain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What size tires did you run on the E46 with those rims?
I'm interested in your wheels but need to make sure that they will not rub and destroy tires when worked hard on a track.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What size tires did you run on the E46 with those rims?
I'm interested in your wheels but need to make sure that they will not rub and destroy tires when worked hard on a track.
I never ran those wheel/tires on my E46 on the track. However I did run them on my E46 for a few days around town while my other wheels were getting refurbished. Driving around town I had no rubbing that I could hear or notice. The overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo with the SSRs was less than that with my 18" wheels so unless your car is really slammed and or does not have any camber adjustability, rubbing should not be a problem. The picture you see with my E46 is with the Eibach Pro springs and Koni Yellow S/A.

The tire size that was on the SSRs was 275-40/17, which was very square on those wheels. For diameter comparison, my street tires are 285/35-18 (rear) and 255/40-18 (front).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im going to try and pull some money together for these. Do you know if they would fit with the ECS tuning BBK?
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325i-M54_2.5l/Braking/Big_Brake_OEM/ES2215444/
My initial guess is yes based on the deep design/spoke pattern of the wheels however, there is no way to be sure without measurements. The one dimension that I think would be the issue is the 17 inch diameter of the wheels. If they were 18s, I know there would be no issue. But some 17 inch wheels can't clear some BBKs (usually it is OEM 17s that have this problem though).

I would say contact the BBK seller and/or manufacturer to get some more details/measurements.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you happen to have a profile shot on the E46? I can't imagine they sit too well with that offset front and back. Did you use spacers?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you happen to have a profile shot on the E46? I can't imagine they sit too well with that offset front and back. Did you use spacers?
I don't have any other photos, but since the offset is 35mm you can look at other cars with 35mm offset front and back to get an idea of how they fit under the fenders (recent ARC8 wheel photo threads, with square 35mm offset setups come to mind as a potential comparison).

No spacers were used in that shot and they were not necessary to prevent any fender rubbing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts