BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold!

For sale is a slightly used OEM clutch kit (including clutch disc, pressure plate, and throwout bearing) that I ordered from Tischer BMW and installed on my car in November of last year. It worked great for a few months until I started to feel a little bit of slippage/shudder reappear while shifting. I frustratedly removed the gearbox again and found the problem: my flywheel was worn, and I should have replaced it originally along with the clutch. Oh well, my mistake is your gain.

The kit was on the car for less than 3k miles. The parts still look fine - I even had them inspected by two separate mechanics who could find nothing wrong - but because it felt like there was some slipping going on, there may be a couple flat spots / wear spots that aren't evident to the naked eye (on one side of the disc there's even a thin ring where it looks like the inside wasn't wearing at the same rate as the rest of the disc - I think you can make it out in one of the pictures). At the recommendation of my mechanic, and also because I will have neither the ability nor patience to open the transmission bell housing up again in the future to address another problem, I just ended up ordering a new clutch kit to make sure it mates right w/the new flywheel. However, the mechanics did say the parts are probably fine (they said if there was an issue with the disc or pressure plate it would most likely only result in disc chatter), and I felt it was a shame to waste practically brand new clutch parts, so I thought I'd throw them on here for cheap and see if anyone was interested.

This is a clutch for 323/325s, but it should fit all 2.5L M52TU, M54, and M56 engines w/5 spd trans, which includes e39 525s and some Z3/Z4s. The part number of the kit is 21217523620. The self-adjusting clutch mechanism on the PP will need to be reset; see here for an idea of how to DIY, or take it to a shop and they should be able to do it for relatively cheap. As you can see in the picture, I even have the little star-shaped diaphragm retainer so that you can hold the springs in place once the SAC's reset (this is how brand new PPs come).

I want to emphasize that I can't fully guarantee the quality of these parts, but this could be a steal of deal for someone that's mechanically inclined, needs to replace their clutch on the cheap, or doesn't mind taking a small risk. This clutch still has a lot of life in it, and it'd be a shame to let it go to waste. Asking $80 shipped OBO. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Pics of both sides of the parts and showing the remaining material thickness on the clutch disc:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump $60 shipped. I'd mostly just like someone to make use of these rather than me throwing them out.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold! Thanks to all who PMed with interest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts