BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Perfect upgrade from 323, 325, 328. Rebuilt with new seals and dust boots. Parts are cleaned. OEM rebuild kit used. Never installed since rebuild.

This sale includes:
  1. A pair of brake calipers.
  2. A pair of brake carriers.
  3. A pair of anti-rattle clips.

This sale does not include:

1. brake pads.
  2. brake lines.
  3. brake fluid.
  4. brake rotors

Price: $200. Serious inquiries only.

Two purchase options:

1. Pick up in West LA preferred. Cash only.
  2. Shipping in the US lower 48, add $40 UPS ground. PayPal ok.

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
free bump for you i read you blog bad luck with the brakes any idea what your gonna do with them? and please shoot me a email i was reading about your safety upgrades for the technik s/c kit and was interested in getting some of the tubing stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I actually have to rebuild mine before the winter. Last time I did it, I could not get the rubber boots to seat and stay flush to the rear of the mount and they ride back, failing to cover and protect the piston as it turns outwards with pad ware. I suspect some sort of sealing compound is needed to fix it in place. Did you run into this issue, and if so, did you find a good resolution. I wonder if just a simple gasket seal would work well for this.

Bump

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need the BMW special tool to press on the dust boot.

Or...be innovative with what you can find in Home Depot. I found a drain cover (comes in black or green) that fits just nice. But you need to modify it in order to press it on. I have rebuilt two sets of 330 calipers. No problems whatsoever.

I actually have to rebuild mine before the winter. Last time I did it, I could not get the rubber boots to seat and stay flush to the rear of the mount and they ride back, failing to cover and protect the piston as it turns outwards with pad ware. I suspect some sort of sealing compound is needed to fix it in place. Did you run into this issue, and if so, did you find a good resolution. I wonder if just a simple gasket seal would work well for this.

Bump

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'll do $170 shipped.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope. $200 + ship. Do a search. No one offers this price with NEW SEALS and NEW DUSTBOOTS.

Please do not low-ball. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Fine, I'm gonna have to think about it, but call it dibs for now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The dust boots and seal kit alone is $28 per side. So that's $56 in just those, never mind the cost of the calipers and guilds and pistons. If the piston moves in and out freely and will not seize, 200 for a good working rebuild is more than fair IMO.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the plug-in, Drakon. Indeed, seals/dust boots are BMW OEM (from dealership). Calipers are tested after rebuild to be in full working condition.

Still for sale.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update:

this sale does include anti-rattle clips and caliper bolt OEM rubber bushings.

Again, new dustboots. Pressure tested.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts