BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a Dinan CAI for a 325 (2001-2002). It was previously owned by GhostRider who upgraded to the GruppeM. I bought it off him for my 330.

Here are the specs and condition. It was on the his car for 2 weeks, approximately 600 miles of city driving. From a couple people i've talked to, they said that the only difference is the cupler. I know that FullTimeHitman is selling the 330 cupler, but I just didn't want to go threw the hassle and I'm in need of cash.

All the parts are in pristine condition. The aluminum tube is spotless along with the filter and cover. Parts have not been installed on my car are in fact sitting in the same box that they were shipped. I'm entertaining offers for it, keep in mind that is LITERALLY like new. Please PM or e-mail me offers. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd appreciate it if people will email me with offers. Makes life a lil easier and there'll be less chance that i forget who asked me to email them.

slushbox: sent you email back. you were damn fast on replyin to the post.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To everyone, as everyone will note... please no lowball figures. Yes, you may have your reasons, but i don't want any junk. Original costs $400... and it's been on for 2 weeks...

slush: emailed you back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not sure, if i were you, call an authorized Dinan dealer. I called mine at my dealership. If they don't know, then they'll call the Dinan office or at least mine did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I offered you 250 for a used part. Now considering that I can buy a new one from Fields BMW in Orlando for 349, I thought 250 was a fair offer. After reading your email I guess you don't! Good luck trying to get more than that for a USED part.

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Obviously mine is the ultimate when it comes to selling it. Great that you can find a good price for the CAI in Orlando. To my knowledge, most authorized dealers sell it at book value, which is listed at $399.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,833 Posts
I can totally vouch for the condition of this CAI and if Silver wants me to I'll repost my pics of it. I had it on for only 2 weeks and it is spotless and in perfect condition. I've seen year old Dinan CAI's go for $250 so this is still a great buy considering the ammount of use the filter has seen (no need to re-oil or get a new filter)

Silver check PM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually 399 is just that, LIST price. Depending on your negotiation skills, most dealers are willing to sell Dinan at a significantly lower price.
I'm not trying to heat anyone up here, I just thought that your email respnse to my offer was a bit uncalled for.

You wrote

Not likely. If it gets to a point where you will give
me a PROPER offer, then i'll reconsider.

What could you possibly consider a proper offer? How much was your car worth, the second, you drove it off the lot? 15%? 20% less? My point is, I offered you a very realistic offer, and you live in a fantasy world where you think you can somehow, break even on all purchase that you change your mind about.

Good luck and if you find a buyer, let them know I have a bridge for sale in Orlando that's like brand new!

·
Italian driver of German
1,256 Posts
slushbox said:
Actually 399 is just that, LIST price. Depending on your negotiation skills, most dealers are willing to sell Dinan at a significantly lower price.
I'm not trying to heat anyone up here, I just thought that your email respnse to my offer was a bit uncalled for.

You wrote

Not likely. If it gets to a point where you will give
me a PROPER offer, then i'll reconsider.

What could you possibly consider a proper offer? How much was your car worth, the second, you drove it off the lot? 15%? 20% less? My point is, I offered you a very realistic offer, and you live in a fantasy world where you think you can somehow, break even on all purchase that you change your mind about.

Good luck and if you find a buyer, let them know I have a bridge for sale in Orlando that's like brand new!
Word.. dude I can get this at a dealer by my house for $340 new.. I saw a 'Dinan CAI' and thought I could get a good deal on a used one.... Instead, I'll pay more? :banghead: :banghead: :huh:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No need to flame people's threads now. If you don't like it, then leave it at that. Notice I didn't list a set price, just didn't like your offer. So to those who want to continue bidding, let it be at that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Ryan, I guess I'm not the only one. Apparently Silver got screwed by GhostRider and is now looking to pass on the screwing.
Oh yeah, Silver, response to your email,:flipoff:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts