BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know lots of people are looking for these and nobody's willing to pay $750 so I've lowered my price to $635 shipped. This is for
the complete pair, all you need to do is plug and play.

I have a set of excellent condition Bixenon headlamp assemblies
from what I am pretty sure is a 2002 E46 sedan with Sports Package. These headlights are near mint with the exception that one mounting tab was broken (Driver's side housing) but I have repaired it with epoxy and the tab is held on very tightly to the housing.

These are original BMW parts with Part #'s
Driver's side: 63 12 6 910 977
Pass side: 63 12 6 910 978

I bought these with the hopes of installing these in my '00 328i but it turns out that I am unable to utilize the bixenon feature in my car so I found another set of standard xenon headlights. Anyhow, I have these for sale and am offering them at a lowerd price of $635 shipped and insured for the complete pair (money order, cashier's check or Paypal accepted).

Also, these headlights have the silver trim instead of the generic black trim.
These headlights can be used in any facelifted sedan w/o any modifications. Coupes and pre-facelifted sedans may need some new lenses and perhaps some other mounting hardware swapped. Please check with your BMW dealer to see what you will need to make sure it will fit your car.

Pictures are located at:
http://students.washington.edu/smiley1/bixenon/

As you can see, the lights are in impeccable condition.
The housings are in very clean condition and the lenses are as good as new.
You can also see the detail of the repaired mounting tab. The entire headlight can be picked up by grabbing onto the repaired tab, it's just that strong! There should be no installation issues with the repaired tab but I do not guarantee it against breaking off again.

I'm a reputable seller and have great feedback on Ebay but this is my first time selling something on E46fanatics since I have only been a BMW owner for a few months. I'm also located in the Sacramento area and will deliver to the Bay area during weekends if the buyer is from the Bay area (same price though).

If you'd like more pictures, let me know, I'd be glad to provide more pictures.

·
Registered
409 Posts
aren't bi-xenons when there are xenon low beams, and xenon high beams? because in that picture there is only xenon low beams and halogen high beams...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bixenon's only have one projector similar to the standard xenon's. the only way you can tell is if you take the whole thing apart and notice that there is a motorized flap in the projector which moves out of the light beam's way when you have the high beams on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At this time, I'm not interested in any trades.

Also, I only have the ones for facelifted sedans and am not a dealer or anything like that. If you want to buy these to see if they'll fit a coupe, I offer no guarantee of compatibility but from what I've seen, looks like only the lenses and inserts need to be swapped.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
968 Posts
xqwizit said:
Bixenon's only have one projector similar to the standard xenon's. the only way you can tell is if you take the whole thing apart and notice that there is a motorized flap in the projector which moves out of the light beam's way when you have the high beams on.
Actually the bixenon projectors have "BIXENON" stamped on them, and their lenses are significantly larger than single-xenon projectors. Bixenon lenses also have an engraved line that runs across the horizontal diameter of the lens.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty sure that E46 bixenon headlights do not have "bixenon" stamped on them. Perhaps these 2004's do, but the 2002-2003's do not. I'm having a friend with factory bixenon's in his 2003 e46 check for me tomorrow. From what I've seen, bixenon's look almost identical to the standard xenon's except for as you've stated a slightly larger projector and also a horizontal line across the projector.

I've called my local BMW dealership and verfied with the part #'s that these are bixenon and have no reason to believe they are not especially since I own a pair of standard xenon's and there is an extra connector for the bixenon circuitry on these headlamps. Also, the first year of the facelifted sedans (2002) was the first year that bixenon's were offered. Also, they had changed the way the turn signal had mounted on. Before it was a clip, now with the facelifted cars, they are with a screw.

If you are still skeptical, please call your local BMW dealership and confirm for yourself with the part #'s I've listed above but I guarantee these are bixenon or I'll refund your money.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can tell the difference between a Xenon and Bi Xenon by looking at the projector lamp lens. The BiXenon's have a horizontal line as part of the casting process. The regular Xenon's do not.

·
XX
376 Posts
Are you still selling the bixenon's??
I have a 2003 325i NON-SP, do you know if they will work with my car? And with regards to the broken tab, I know it has been glued, but if it were to break what effect will it have on the headlight staying in the car, and is it an inexpensive replaceable part??
I am very interested, and would appreciate your help :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lights have been sold

Everyone, thanks for your interest but these bixenon's have been sold.

I have another set of prefacelifted sedan xenon lights for sale at $535 firm. Just took them out of my car, will have pictures up shortly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts