73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!

SOLD!

SOLD!

SOLD!

SOLD!

SOLD!

I just bought a ZHP from a member in the forums (thanks lftlane!) that came equipped with an ESS TS1 Twin Screw Supercharger.

I don't need the power of the blower. I've ridden sportbikes all my life, so cars will always be slow to me. I'm ok with the stock 235HP.

The kit is listed here:

http://www.esstuning.com/products/M54B30-Twin-Screw-Stage-1-(TS1).html
And says that it is intended for: E46 330i 330ci, E46 330i ZHP, E60 530i M54, E85 Z4 3.0i M54, E39 530i, E53 X5 3.0i, E83 X3 3.0i M54 from 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005

It is coming off of a 2005 330i ZHP, and includes larger injectors as I am putting everything back stock. It has already been removed by a BMW dealer, boxed, with most if not all of the bolts labeled by the tech, a friend of mine, and includes all parts necessary to install on a 2005 330i ZHP. (Probably all the models listed above, but I can only speak from what I personally have.)

The kit is rated at:

Boost pressure: 7 PSI
Horsepower: 320 SAE/325 DIN (ZHP vehicles +10HP)
Torque: 302 lf-ft/410 Nm
Installation time : 5-7 hours

It feels like EVERY BIT of 330HP on my ZHP. The car absolutely flies in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. It is deceptively fast due to the smoothness of the twin screw... I feel like it makes most of it's grunt at 2000 RPM and just gets stronger from there.

Per the instructions, you will have to take off your DME and send it to ESS for programming. As an aside, if you live in an OBDII Emissions Inspection state, be sure to tell them that, as they will have to program it so it will set the readiness codes for 02 and CAT. There was no CEL on in my car, but OBDII readiness wasn't set for the inspection. ESS offered to reflash the cat check only, for free. Check with them for flashing cost before purchase, as I have heard anything from $200 to $499.

Update:
One of the potential buyers called ESS and got a quote of $795. Which seems high on the surface, but not so when you consider the quality of the software. This kit runs extremely well using ESS programming. The car is very smooth and fast with no cat fouling, rich conditions, etc.

I would encourage all prospective buyers to email ESS to confirm, but it appears that is what they charge for a new software load on an OE DME.

In light of this, I will work with any perspective buyers by going halfway, dropping the price to SOLD. Let me know!

The kit is listed at $5,350.00 (excluding tax) + shipping.
It has only 20k trouble-free miles on it, and I will sell it for Update: SOLD obo. That is SOLD the list price including tax.

Previous owner installed this unit himself with no issues and was completely reliable, no overheating, problem-free for 20k miles.

ESS Customer Service is renowned, and I have been able to talk with several people from the company via phone and email and have gotten excellent service, even having not bought the kit originally. Great company, great product, you will not be disappointed. :thumbsup:

Updated Apr 13:

Just got the car back... Here are the pics!

Kit: (note that all bolts are bagged and labelled, injectors are in the box on the bottom right. Belt is included, looks ok, but as a precaution, I'd personally replace it)

Supercharger unit: (Most parts are already attached! you can see from the unit/ kit parts that this will be a quick install!) Excuse the dust and leftover gasket. Easy cleanup with solvent.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Good Luck With Sale....Best kit out there in my opinion!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow; got any pictures of the kit?
It looks exactly like the 1st pic in the link above when installed... but my intake tube does not have any rub marks like that pic, so not sure what they are doing there or what kind of hood they are running, heh. The 2-4 pic kind of look like it, but the 1st is at least 99% exact right down to p/s reservoir clearance.

I will have pics of the kit as boxed sometime next week, likely Wednesday. I have work during the day and class at night so have to find time to get to the dealer to pick the car and kit up.

--J.

P.S. Thanks for the well-wishes, JB. It truly is a great kit. If it weren't for NC's strict emissions standards and my possible plans to AutoX down the road, I would NOT be selling it. Seriously deceptive-fast. Like 90mph in a 65-zone. No wonder the previous owner had integrated radar detectors... :lmao:

·
Registered
212 Posts
It truly is a great kit. If it weren't for NC's strict emissions standards and my possible plans to AutoX down the road, I would NOT be selling it. Seriously deceptive-fast. Like 90mph in a 65-zone. No wonder the previous owner had integrated radar detectors... :lmao:
if it weren't for this ^^ and if i had some cash i'd come down to raleigh and get this... :bawling:
GLWS!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The hp/TQ #s you gave are for the ESS TS1 AND the dyno tune session at ESS to optimize the ECM. Are you including the dyno tune in the purchase price?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hp/TQ #s you gave are for the ESS TS1 AND the dyno tune session at ESS to optimize the ECM. Are you including the dyno tune in the purchase price?
Hey 330I4SPD.

Thanks for the inquiry.

The hp/TQ #s above are referenced directly from the ESS site. Not any number that I personally came up with... That is why I said that the kit was rated for that. 7PSI from a twin-screw is too easy, so I'd say the numbers are accurate... and though I only drove it for one night with the blower on (didn't want to get used to it or too attached to the extra power :yikes: ), I worked at a dealer for 3 years and seat-of-the-pants definitely felt like those numbers for me.

As mentioned in the ad, the buyer will need to send his or her DME to ESS for programming at their cost, if any. Just to clarify the ESS site, they have dyno-tweaked the software packages, not actually dyno-tuned each individual car. So the buyer will tell them which vehicle/engine/transmission/emissions options they have, and they flash the DME with the correct package and send it back.

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

I have 16hr days Monday-Thursday this week, so that gives fanatics plenty of time to arrange the funds before I x-post to other sites. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if it weren't for this ^^ and if i had some cash i'd come down to raleigh and get this... :bawling:
GLWS!!
Thanks dude.

Trust me, I know the feeling! This week I put in my notice at work, bought a ZHP, and a new Carbon hardtail mountain bike. My wife is not happy! :lmao: Know anyone that wants to buy a set of Volk TE37's for a Mini Cooper S? :str8pimpi I need to list those on the mini forums... I sold that car two months ago!

As far as the NCSI is concerned... ESS tells me they can program it to be compliant, but for my family, I don't need the blower.

·
Registered
23 Posts
well this is a great deal, if its still for sale next month i will def. buy it. I am only waiting on some money from a car i sold and i will have enough to buy this. Untill then i will just dream about it :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pm'ed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bump!

I will confirm that the blower has been babied and was broken in correctly. If anyone has any specific questions about the history on it that Jay can't answer, send them my way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump!

I will confirm that the blower has been babied and was broken in correctly. If anyone has any specific questions about the history on it that Jay can't answer, send them my way.
Thanks, G! :hi:

And he can also confirm that I drove the ZHP with the blower for less than 24hrs... :lmao:

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow i wish i had extra cash! exactly what i am looking for :[

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got the car back... Here are the pics!

Kit: (note that all bolts are bagged and labelled, injectors are in the box on the bottom right. Belt is included, looks ok, but as a precaution, I'd personally replace it)

Supercharger unit: (Most parts are already attached! you can see from the unit/ kit parts that this will be a quick install!) Excuse the dust and leftover gasket. Easy cleanup with solvent.

I will also add to the original post. Thanks for looking!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts