E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I haven't had the best luck trying to orchestrate a trade for stock wheels. I don't know why, since I'm asking for a small amount in addition to a set of wheels that you'd be getting rid of anyways, but as they say in Germany: Das ist Schade!

So here's the deal. I'm going to sell my wheels outright (although I am STILL open to trades). Somehow, I'm going to get cash so I can buy someone else's M72s or ZHPs (or even M68s) and then I'll be able to ship out my RG-Rs. I won't be able to ship any of this stuff out until around December 20th, so you've got enough time to rob a bank, beg your mom for money, beg your wife for money or whatever. Here's what's for sale:
  • BBS RG-Rs in 18x8.5" sizes, with a 38mm offset (will fit all non-M E46s).
  • Include Bridgestone Potenza S03s in 225/40ZR18 sizes.
  • Although tires are safe, the tread is low enough to warrant replacement prior to driving in heavy rain or snow.
  • Price does not include shipping, which will be the buyer's responsibility.
Here's how I'm starting the bidding:

I'm an accounting major, so I'm going to accounting-geek this up. The acquisition cost of the BBS RG-Rs to me from the TireRack was $2424. Given a 5 year usable lifetime, no salvage value and using straight-line depreciation, the wheels have depreciated $40.40 every month. I got the wheels in August 2003, so they've been in service for 16 months. This means that the accumulated depreciation on the wheels is $646.40. The wheels, therefore, have a book value of $1777.60. In my opinion, the valuations referred to above present fairly, in all material respects, the value of the BBS RG-R wheels as of November 21, 2004, in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States.

I am asking $1777.60 or best offer. On December 20th, I'll sell the wheels to the highest bidder, unless the offers are insultingly low.

PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

Below are some pictures on the car, high-resolution pictures taken last Friday are available at www.scottfarmerracing.com/bbswheels.htm

·
Banned
630 Posts
Hey,
Do you think I could get away with running 225/40/18 fronts and 255/35/18 rears on these? By the way, thanks for the pics of the struts, too much hassle with coilovers though so I had to pass on a great deal, if only they were open top!

Cavan

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
225/40/18 works well on the front (and I think is the maximum clearance for stock E46 fenders). 255/35/18s are actually the stock tire size for the 18" option for E46 330s, so they'd fit perfectly. 255/35/18s will easily fit on an 18x8.5" wheel.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Man, you have got what I want!

I just commited myself to spending cash on PSS9s. If you have these after Xmas, drop me an email and we'll make a deal.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i have m68s that i'm willing to trade plus cash. if you are also located in north carolina, we might be able to meet half way to trade since i'm in chesapeake, va.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why use straight line depreciation?? If you followed what most companies use (MACRS) I know you might have an offer from me :nyah:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Dude, you're selling these? I may be interested...and since I'm at the same school as you, the transaction would be easy. I'm just curious as to whether or not you are running a spare in the trunk?

·
Account closed per your request.count closed per y
405 Posts
This is a helluva price.. someone jump on these! I have 18" RG-Rs (although my setup is slightly different)... they are insanely light, and strong.. :thumbup: for a great product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts