E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 330CI ZHP
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, might be a long shot but does anyone have a front sway bar reinforcement plate they haven't installed yet? If so, I'd greatly appreciate some measured dimensions, primarily hole locations and overall plate sizing. I was looking at the MSW plates since they also have drain holes, but any plate will do. I'm looking for these dimensions to make my own and with my car in winter storage I can't take measurements until it comes back out. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 330CI ZHP
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, finally got around to getting a set waterjet - bear in mind that I made them before I could actually access my car, so the holes were a tad off. If you want to make your own the below dimensions are of the original plate for reference, before filing:

Overhead view of plate after filing, showing how it was modified:

Essentially the holes for the studs were set to 90 mm apart, but the ones in my car were maybe 1-2 mm wider than that. The holes for drainage had to be filed towards the holes for the studs, maybe around 4-5 mm.

Hope this comes in useful for someone wanting to fab their own as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts